cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS V GENE SupremeFX III Chip HDMI Question

M0DSlayer
Level 7
I previously posted this question on the build advice page, now I think the general hardware page might be a better place for it...

Hello All,

Are the SupremeFX III Chips audio capabilities in any way reduced when connected to an audio receiver through an HDMI cable? Or must I use the six analog audio jacks in order to gain it's benefits?

Thank you in advanced for any input.
2 REPLIES 2

Anicra
Level 7
Not sure, I would hook sound signal to the receiver via multiple inputs, Analog vs Digital coax/toslink vs HMDI and do the ear test. I am guessing no. Are you using video card or on board only?

Sorry, I use Asus Essence One http://www.guru3d.com/article/asus-essence-one-review/ with a Emotiva Amp to Studio speakers.

I7 5960X/Asus RE5u3.1 -3101/64gb(16x4)@3133 @1.39V Gskill 14-15-16-36 cr2/3xTitanX/ WD RE 6.0 TB RAID 0+1/Samsung 840 Pro 256 x2 Raid 0/Samsung 850pro M.2/Asus Essence One/Corsair Ax1500 PSU /Corsair Obs 9800D case/ 3 2xRad 120x3 and 120x1/ EK MB block/AquaC Kryos CPU/Koolance GPU x2/ Bay 452x2(ver2) (2x655 serial)

I'll be connecting a MAXIMUS V to a Sony Home Theater System using the on board sound chip and no current plans for an additional sound card. The receiver has three types of input HDMI, Optical, and L/R (Red/White) stereo. Do you (or anyone) know how to get the best out of the Supreme FX III Chip with out using the six analog outputs or do all outputs receive their signal from the chip?