cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73jh help - kinda annoying

Retired
Not applicable
I bought a new Asus G73jh from bestbuy not even a week ago. thinking I was buying a very nice laptop for gaming. And so far I havent had anything but problems! I play World of Warcraft while im at work to help pass the time on the graveyard shift. it can run the game at max gfx at 60fps and makes it look easy! BUT after a good 15 to 20 min. it will start to lock up and lag pretty bad when I try to tab target or select a new target in PVP. even when im in the middle of battle when im on a single target.

I did the research and found the GSOD bug and I did the vflash update with the sticky link at the top of the forum. worked for 20 min and bam! it started doing it again!

I'm kinda dumbfounded on how such a nice computer in specs can mess up so much!

if anyone has anymore info that might be able to help me fix this problem it would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks,
Chevy
4 REPLIES 4

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
It is possible that you just have a bad video card. things like this do happen. If you did the vbios correctly then it should have fixed your problem. if anything it can be a heat related issue, do you play in a hot environment?
You Heard It From - ']['he (())riginal - ']['.(()).

Retired
Not applicable
Nope not at all! It's always chilly here at work and I keep it colder anyway so it helps me stay awake. I've pretty much tried everything I can to get this to stop locking up for the 2-5 sec and no matter what I do it still happens no matter what I change. I do keep reading about the HDD being bad and cheap? people replace that and they says it works fine after that... thats my last guess other then going back and telling them this computer is locking up and trade it in for another one

Retired
Not applicable
Yep I had the same problem in WoW. After swapping with a faster drive the problem disappeared.

Chastity
Level 10
IIRC if the HDD is a 5400RPM variety (yes, I know some of the newer 5400rpm units are quite speedy) it may be lagging the game. You may wish to purchase a 2nd HDD with faster specs or an SSD.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]