cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak ratio?

Steffno
Level 7
Hello

I just wanted to ask if there is an optimal ratio configuration, between GPU Clock & Memory Clock?

I have a ASUS GTX 570 DCII, which has a temperature of maximum 54°, when I'm playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Sincerely, Steffno.
MB: ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP@n | CPU: Intel Q9550 | Memory: Corsair 4 GB DDR3 (TW3X4G1333C9DHX) | GPU: ASUS GTX 570 DCII | HDD: Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD & Corsair Force Series™ F115 SSD | Audio: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium | Case: Antec P190 | PSU: Antec Neo-Link 1200 Watt dual (650W + 550W) | Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 226CW | OS: Windows 7 Home 64-bit & Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
2 REPLIES 2

HiVizMan
Level 40
Not a ration as such.

Each VGA will have different overclocking limits. On some the ram might clock higher than on others. Then on other cards the core might clock better than others again. The golden cards are those cards that clock both GPU and ram well.

Trial and error to find the best balance. Most of the time I will find out what my max ram speed is while my VGA core is on stock. And then dial the ram way down and find the max VGA core. Once I have that information, I know I can get within 20MHz of my max VGA core speed and 100Mhz of my VGA ram speed when increasing both.

You seldom are able to get the max of both when running both together.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Not a ration as such.

Each VGA will have different overclocking limits. On some the ram might clock higher than on others. Then on other cards the core might clock better than others again. The golden cards are those cards that clock both GPU and ram well.

Trial and error to find the best balance. Most of the time I will find out what my max ram speed is while my VGA core is on stock. And then dial the ram way down and find the max VGA core. Once I have that information, I know I can get within 20MHz of my max VGA core speed and 100Mhz of my VGA ram speed when increasing both.

You seldom are able to get the max of both when running both together.

^^ Great advise right there my friend, thats exactly how I OC my GPU.
Chassis: NZXT Switch 810. - MB: Rampage v Extreme x99. - CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k. - Memory: 16GB Ripsaw 4 DDR4 2400MHz. - GPU: 2x Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 OC Edition 4GB.
PSU: Corsair AX1200i. - Storage: 1x Samsung 830 60GB SSD + 1x Samsung evo 840 120GB SSD + 1x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD + 1x Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD.