cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help finding a new motherboard

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for anyone that can help. What I am looking for is something that is close but newer than this
ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard

Memory slots 4 or more that can run 8 gigs of ram or more.

2 pcie x16 -slots or better. Not sure what is exactly the newest.
2 standard pci slots.
1 serial
2 lan but would settle for 1 ( fastest on the market)
2 wireless apo's would settle for 1
1 or 2 IDE connections
2 or more sata connections internal as many externals is ok but not needed.
It can have anything else on it but these items are what I want as the main core part of it.
A matching processor ( again current fastest) 4 or 6 core works.

I contacted ASUS and talked to tech support and they where suppose to get back to me and that was about a week ago. I know they are very busy so I figured I would try this forum.

Thanks for any and all help.
8 REPLIES 8

xeromist
The PCI slots, IDE, and serial port are going to be a limiting factor for you. A lot of current boards don't include serial at all and many only include one PCI slot. If you absolutely need all of that then you're probably better off looking at server/workstation boards but then I don't know if you'll get integrated wireless.

The best new tech is Sandy Bridge but Intel is making some tweaks to it before re-release probably beginning of 2nd quarter.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply.

I think I am going to have to dig up some older tech to be able to get what I need.

Retired
Not applicable
I think I found something that will work just fine and wanted to share it with you all.

ASUS P6T7 WS Supercomputer "Ultimate Gamer" choose 3Way SLI + PhysX at Real X16 X58 CEB Intel Motherboard

P6T7 WS Supercomputer

CPU- Core i7 / Core i7 Extreme Edition / Xeon 3500 Series / Xeon E5502/E5504/E5506

Memory 24 gigs 6×240pin

pci slots

3 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (@ x16 or x8)
3 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (@ x8)
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (@ x16)
*4 x PCIe 2.0 x16 or 7 x PCIe 2.0 ( 6:@x8, 1:@x16)

Dual lan and a host of other goodies.

Thanks again for the help....

xeromist
Cool, thanks for sharing.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

SnakeEyes11
Level 7
ASUS Rampage III Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard. You cant go wrong with that!!

chrsplmr
Level 18
So,,,how did you do?
Did you go with the 'ASUS P6T7 WS Supercomputer board'? or R3E (above)?
or?

Area_66
Level 11
hey Chrs, what’s up with you this morning ? You don’t take your coffee? Last time the Op reply to this tread we have 4 feet of snow here, thing have melt since that time.

chrsplmr
Level 18
...and he is gone? Thats a great board. What can't you do with that?
Wuz just curious..I get like that. I can't build'm all..others do, I watch.c.