Power SupplyEVGA Supernova P2 1000w
    Keyboard Coolermaster quickfire pro
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Roccat Kave XTD
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500
    OS Win 10 Pro

My Rig, a constant work in progress

Ello folks,
    as a couple of peeps have mentioned it i thought its about time i posted some pics of my rig. its not anything special but i have learned a lot while building it. i had never had or used a pc b4 2 years ago so i payed a shop £850 to build me a pc which had these specs,
    coolermaster elite 335
    ezcool 100w infinity psu
    asus M4N68T M LE V2
    Athlon II x4 640 3.0GHz
    xfx 6850 dual fan
    2x4GB xms3 1600c9

obviously i wasnt too happy with it but it did for the time being. 3months later i decided to start upgrading a bit at a time.
    since then ive rebuilt 3 times in 3 different case, basically everything has been changed 3 times lol even my perifials and the only original part is the a ram but that is gonna be gone in a couple of days
    so this is where im at now. Remember noob when it comes to pc's.Attachment 8688

Edit: i did upload 7 pics but only one come through. i'll go check the forum faq for how to get the others done
    Last edited by ganji; 05-16-2012 at 11:37 AM.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array ganji PC Specs
    ganji PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z87 Sabertooth
    Processori7 4770k
    Memory (part number)GSkill TridentX 2400MHz CL10 PC3-19200
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 980ti ACX 2.0 SC+
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 980ti ACX 2.0 SC+
    MonitorAsus VG28QE x3
    Storage #1Crucial BX100 256Gb
    Storage #2Samsung 840 Evo 250Gb
    CPU CoolerEK Predator 240
    CaseCorsair AIR 540
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Roccat Kave XTD
    OS Win 10 Pro

my whole setupAttachment 8691

i couldnt get the pics to upload so heres a link to an album on photobucket for those intrested
    thanks
    http://s1206.photobucket.com/albums/...iry1/my%20rig/
    Last edited by ganji; 05-16-2012 at 11:50 AM.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Hi, ganji,

I was one of those who suggested you to post your system's pics here... I had a good reason for that juggestion, since you posted something in your previous thread (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...-on-H100/page2) which attracted my attention - just it wasn't related to that subject. So, hope you don't mind...

You wrote (post #15 in the above linked thread):
    "i recently turned the fans round on my H50 to intake just to see the difference in temps.
    with push/pull intake = idle 36/38c, load(intel burn test) 49/52c
    push pull exhaust idle 34/36c load(IBT) 45/48c"

The thing which is interesting to me is that outside the case is always lower temperature then inside (max, in optimal conditions is the same). Then turning the H50's to intake (and allowing to suck cooler or the same temp air from outside), how you got higher temps?!

I think the answer is hiding in the overall airflow in your case... If you're setting up the front and bottom fans as intakes and having the top and rear (on the rad) ones as exhausts, then you have a pretty equilibrated, maybe slightly negative pressurized case. Not sure, if you have the version of Corsair 500R with the side fan, and if that side fan is intaking or exhausting... If it is an exhaust, then you definitely have a negatively pressurized case. Inversely, if it is an exhaust, perhaps will be a positively pressurized case. Both of them could be OK, that's not a problem!

What I'm thinking is that, when you turned the H50's radiator fans as intakes, you may off-balanced the overall airflow. As i said, otherwise is not possible (at least I can not imagine) to get higher temps... Maybe, turning them as intakes, there were much more intakes overall then exhausts. In that situation, the efficiency of the radiator's fans would decrease dramatically - imagine, they have to work not only against the restriction caused by the fin density, but against the highest pressure too.

So, my point is that you have to be careful with the airflow when setting up radiators (doesn't matter if the H50 or H100).

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Awesome Ganji .. and perfect static barrier under the case. hehe
    Very nice.thnx.c.

Shut Up Stupid! Array DaemonCantor's Avatar

Very Nice Ganji, and I like your Desk there! If only I didn't have so much equipment it would be nice to go smaller than what I have.

ganji PC Specs
    Processori7 4770k
    MonitorAsus VG28QE x3
    CaseCorsair AIR 540
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Roccat Kave XTD
    OS Win 10 Pro

Cheers folks
    now to answer Zka17 i have my fans setup as follows,
    front 2 x120 intake
    bottom 120 intake
    side 200 intake
    h50 intake
    top 2x120 exhaust
    hoping to create a positive air flow.
    the temp difference was only a couple of degree's c so could just be down to ambient temps i dont know. the plan was always to turn it bkround though as it will get less dust then too. i also forgot to add that at the same time i turned the fans on the h50 round i also added the bottom 120 too
    when i install the H100 with the fans pushing air up through the rad and out the top and keeping all other fans as intake. do you think i should have the back 120 as intake or exhaust? im probably wrong but i would of thought intake would be best as it will then be paushing more air towards the H100. or am i wrong on that one?
    thanks folks!
    Ganji

as for my low desk/coffee table, the reason i have everything low is cos i have some health issue's including dvt's in my legs so need to keep em raised so the only way i could think to do it was get a gaming chair and coffee tanle lol. it is really cumfy but it does have some draw backs lol. im forever falling asleep in my chair
    ive started to disslike it though and am thinking of building something else a bit higher. normal'ish desk hight with something to raise my case even more as its a bit low now. i just used a couple of cataloges for now just to give it enough space for the psu and bottom fan to get some air.
    i also

all the lighting not inside the case is powered by a seperate psu under my desk

"now to answer Zka17 i have my fans setup as follows, front 2 x120 intake, bottom 120 intake, side 200 intake, h50 intake, top 2x120 exhaust" - exactly as I suspected! You had too many intakes and very few exhausts. That is called a positive pressure system (more in than out).

The problem was (although not significant, just few degrees, I agree) that in a positive pressure system is too much air, which is trying to escape through any holes. This is partly good, because you will get less dust in the case, but it was wrong for the H50. The radiator is more efficient if more air is going through it (better heat dissipation on the fin/air interface), but in your case you restricted the airflow...

Don't worry, if you will place the H100's radiator on the top as a single exhaust, all the air will want to leave through it - so it will be close to an ideal situation. You do have to check the temps of your other components though (specially VGA), and set up the airflow based on that (thinking here about the rear, but mostly the side fan).

ganji PC Specs
    Processori7 4770k
    MonitorAsus VG28QE x3
    CaseCorsair AIR 540
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Roccat Kave XTD
    OS Win 10 Pro

okey dokey thanks!
    i do always keep an eye on temps. pretty obsessively really lol. i try to keep everything as low as poss. all my temps/fan speeds and voltages are displayed on my desktop via aida x64.
    the only fans not monitored are the stock corsair ones that run off the stock controller.
    right now my temps r
    Mb 28c
    Hdd 28c
    Cpu 38c
    Gpu 46c
    top fans between 600/700rpm
    H50 700/800rpm one is always 100 rpm above the other.
    bottom 1000rpm
    Gpu 1944rpm as soon as it goe over 2200 it starts ettin loud lol but i dont hear it with my head set.
    all Corsair fans run at the mid setting.
    the H50 fans never go over 1100rpm ingame and i get maxed cpu temp of 46c. (BF3)
    Gpu though the fans will usually be running around 2500rpm ingame n max temp is usually about 58/62c so i think i have pretty good temps
    i was gonna turn the fans on H50 bk round but may just be lazy n wait till i get the H100. depends if i get motivated lol
    Last edited by ganji; 05-17-2012 at 09:55 AM.

I agree, ganji, you have good temps! Just, you know, it's always place for better... (or same but lower noise)

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Giannis996 PC Specs
    Giannis996 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Macbook Pro Mid 2014
    MotherboardAsus Rapage IV Extreme Black
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 4820K
    Memory (part number)32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX Titan
    Graphics Card #2Asus GTX Titan
    MonitorAsus VK278
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Power SupplyCoolermaster V850
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow X Chroma
    Mouse Razer Deathadder
    Headset Razer Kraken 7.1
    OS Windows 10

i like your build and your temps are quite good!!
    Project Name: System Specs:
    Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
    Prossesor: Intel Core i7 4820k
    Graphic Card: Asus GTX Titan x2
    *Power Supply: Cooler Master V850
    Ram: 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
    SSD: 2x Samsung Evo 250Gb Raid 0
    HDD: 2x Seagate Baraccuda 2TB

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast