Thread: Hotkeys

ROG Member Array

Hotkeys

Please disable the hotkeys by default or give us an option to turn them off. They mess with some keyboard layouts, especially European ones.

I wasn't the only one who suggested this back in 2011. Can you please finally implement it.

New ROGer Array

workaround

I had the same problem (with a French keyboard layout), and found the following solution:
    while the Hotkey tab doesn't allow to enter key combinations which doesn't start with Ctrl+Alt, they are stored in the Registry in strings values under the following key (under Win7 64 bit):
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ASUS\GPU_T weak\SettingPage
    the names of thekeys are rather explicit. The bad news are that updating GPU Tweak will reset them to their default values...
    HTH
    Jean-Louis

New ROGer Array

When I first set up my new system I've chosen Asus GPU Twek over MSI Afterburner because I just bougt a new Asus video card. Today I could punch myself for this decision because it took me four f.cking months to figure out why Ctrl+Alt+1-6 aren't working. During all this time I had to use ASCII codes, which don't even work in all programs.

I wonder how Asus can build video cards which actually work when they're not even able to figure out that using hotkeys needed by Windows could be a bad idea. Not allow users to deactivate hotkeys is an even worse idea. How could that not be seen in testing? Only thanks to the user quoted below I stay with GPU Tweak for now, but I'll probably switch to Afterburner in the next few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by jloneto View Post
    I had the same problem (with a French keyboard layout), and found the following solution:
    while the Hotkey tab doesn't allow to enter key combinations which doesn't start with Ctrl+Alt, they are stored in the Registry in strings values under the following key (under Win7 64 bit):
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ASUS\GPU_T weak\SettingPage
    the names of thekeys are rather explicit. The bad news are that updating GPU Tweak will reset them to their default values...
    HTH
    Jean-Louis
    Thank you very much for this hint, actually sorta fixed my system.

New ROGer Array

Solution - Registry Keys

Thanks alot for this solution. I had the same problem and found the solution with the registry keys. I've erased the values of the hotkey keys, so the hotkeys are disabled. I've created two files: one for disable the hotkeys and one for enable it. So if you want to disable the hotkeys and still use the ASUS GPU Tweak, download this file http://www.mediafire.com/?mbh6cktnkezkkvb and open it. After, restart ASUS GPU Tweak and everything should work fine. If you want to reenable the hotkeys, download this file: http://www.mediafire.com/?93q2bxstylxlq8g and open it. Restart ASUS GPU Tweak and they work again. Notice that after an update of ASUS GPU Tweak, you'll have to re-disable them if you've disabled them before.

Greetz Deadman

ROG Member Array

Old topic, they added an option to disable the hotkeys a few releases ago.