cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5.1 Speaker settings - error in manual?

txfeinbergs
Level 7
Ok, not trying to nitpick here, but I think there is a problem with how to set up a 5.1 audio system in the manual. Either that, or it is a bug in the SW. On page 15 of the manual, it says to use Front, Center, and Side jacks. However, if you do that, then go into the SW Speaker settings, the 5.1 setup test does not play audio out of the side speakers, it uses the rear speaker jacks.

I am guessing the rear speakers is what I should be plugging the (back) speakers into for a 5.1 setup. Note that if you click on 7.1 in the SW, it adds the two side speakers.

Update: I changed the plug and now the SW is working as intended, but the manual has that error all over the place, not just on page 15. It is also on pages, 5, 12, 13, 14 (assuming the 4 channel setup is wrong as well). Repeat for every language.
2 REPLIES 2

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
You are indeed most correct, for a 5.1 speaker setup you should be using front, centre and rear...dunno why the manual would suggest the side speakers lol.....even on an old souncard, say the SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 when you go to test a 5.1 setup the voiceover says front left, front right, centre, rear left and rear right...oh well, guess they just messed it up lol

Yes I second that, the manual is wrong it should be connect to rear speakers instead of side speakers for 5.1 setup.