cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is does it lag?

tegnebok
Level 7
my games lags all the time, it isnt the internet problem. anyone knows the problem to the expensive g74sx gaming pc? but it lags more when i play Diablo III. it better not lag! omg.... why! WHY!!!!!!!!

anyway... help please.

aaaannnnd the mic is not working........

oh also im pissed... i have a better computer than my friends pc and his pc doesnt lag.... at all!...

aaaannndd... in the same house someone has the same pc as me g74sx, and his pc doesnt lag and his is cheaper.... mine is better though.. -_-'
35 REPLIES 35

Holy
Level 7
1. Is your wifi card drivers updated
2. What about your gpu drivers?
3. Are you playing on battery?
4. Is power4gear still installed?
4A. If it is make sure its on high performance.
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

Holy wrote:
1. Is your wifi card drivers updated
2. What about your gpu drivers?
3. Are you playing on battery?
4. Is power4gear still installed?
4A. If it is make sure its on high performance.

Is power4gear something that people typically remove?

hazard99 wrote:
Is power4gear something that people typically remove?

The most knowledgeable ones do! 😉 JK. I realize that some owners may find the ROG button for power profile changes handy, but the program itself....what it does.....is completely redundant. Windows power options allows you to do the very same thing, and doesn't cause all the issues that P4G has been associated with.

Several of the Asus utilities, like WC3 and P4G, are just "flashier" versions of utilities built into Windows itself. Perhaps for low-info big box shoppers, they bring a certain wow factor....but owners who are familiar with Windows will usually recognize them as unnecessary bloatware that just eats up resources and increases the chances for software conflicts and snafus. A mean, clean machine is always better (as in faster and more stable).

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hmm.... there is so many factors that we have to troubleshoot so the issue will be gone -.-

Which antivirus/malware programs have you installed? Have you runned them lately?

If it is a program you have installed then it could be a driver that is messing up and makes issues. What you can do then is:

1. Go to "Start menu" type in the search bar: "msconfig"
2. Choose "diagnostic startup", then reboot your notebook.
3. After diagnostic startup and reboot, then in msconfig it has then changed to selective startup with load "system services" checked.
4. All programs in "services" (check for "hide all Microsoft-services") and "start-up" will now be unchecked.

Then you can see if the lag persists in any games. If it doesn't, go back to "msconfig" and start to check for programs that you want to run at start-up, choose some programs at the time and remember which you choose (do this until you have started all the programs you want to start up). Then you will locate which program is causing the lag issue 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

ok thanks for the replies im gonna try to fix it with it with the tips:)

fuzon1337
Level 10
Good luck @tegnebok, I hope you get your issue fixed 😉 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

oh im sorry for haven't writed down what i have tried.

i have tried registry tools, avast antivirus, closed all programs and rebooted the computer

sometimes when i turn of the power for a while it stops lagging for some mins then it lags again

Have you tried using throttle stop? I use it with mine though I dont think I need it.

tegnebok
Level 7
ummmm what is throttle stop?