cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubber Feet

Peregrine
Level 9
Still no where to get Rubber Feet for our laptops??
Asus Z170X + Asus GeFroce GTX Turbo 1070 +... all kinds of Asus goodies. #Fanboi
6 REPLIES 6

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

Perhaps these will work?
http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4172
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
Hi

Perhaps these will work?
http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4172

The eStore is no longer stocking these (according to the eStore phone clerk). I called Tech Support (as I am still under warranty) and asked if they had replacement feet for the G74SX. They do not. Their only way to resolve the issue of continually losing a rubber foot (in my case the front right) is to mail my unit away to them and accept that I may possibly be charged if they do not find it listed under a known warranty issue. Gosh! Really?!?!

So, I am disabled from resolving this on my own now (short of purchasing a 1/4" rubber pad, cutting and gluing) and in order to resolve a poor design flaw I have to compromise a few weeks of income (I work from home using my laptop) to have it fixed. What a mess Asus is causing. It is not hard to stock parts for purchase.

When I first purchased my unit the wireless card was nearly worthless. The range was poor and it cut out regularly. I read a solution of the forums (to replace it with an Intel WiFi Card), ordered one from Amazon and replaced it. I was able to resolve this on my own. The rubber feet thing is really bothering me.

It urks me that I have to purchase 1/4" rubber, cut it perfectly with an exacto knife, use gorilla glue and fix it to resolve a poor design issue. This may be the tipping point for deciding to not purchase Asus in the future... a sad thing for our family and extended family... we have been long time Asus customers and supporters. It just seems as the economy has been bad and costs are cut so is the support for products.

Asus, be wise and stand out above the rest... listen to your customers and learn from past mistakes.

Peregrine
Level 9
OMFG Been all over that site and never found those. Thanks!

Purchased!
Asus Z170X + Asus GeFroce GTX Turbo 1070 +... all kinds of Asus goodies. #Fanboi

fuzon1337
Level 10
Haha, I'm glad that I could help you out 🙂

I couldn't find them either under the G-series.... so I searched for rubber and then they came up ^^
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

Wonder if those could be cut to fit the G74? Or are the feet shapes the same on the G73/G74?
--
G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
17.3" LED 1920x1080
Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

MrRuckus
Level 10
I think the small triangles will fit the 5 triangles on the G74, but the really small triangles would have to be cut. Nice to know we can get some atleast replaced. The long triangle like shapes I had on my G53 and those did end up coming off when I had it. They would get caught alot on my bag.

The 2 very small triangles are under the touchpad and I dont think it would matter if you didn't have those since their isnt a lot of pressure put in that area in the first place. Nice find though for sure.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72