cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where the hell do you find one of these?

TheEmsleyan
Level 7
So, I decided to do a little preliminary research, since I'm likely going to be in the market for a new computer by the end of the calendar year. Since I currently have a G53 I was debating whether or not to get another laptop or a desktop, but I figured I'd check.

Then I saw that there was a RoG desktop. Then I saw the RoG desktop. I have a raging ASUS fanboy boner right now, and I've been frantically searching for details beyond the specifications and the fact that it exists. I can't find any information on pricing or availability - this thing seems to essentially be a unicorn.

I live in the States, for what it's worth. How exactly do I go about getting my hands on one of these? I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask, but it seemed appropriate.

- TE
16 REPLIES 16

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
try asking here https://www.facebook.com/asus.n.america or checking these here: http://rog.asus.com/where-to-buy/north.america/

Of course 😞 I've tried checking most official resources already, but ASUS isn't always the best about keeping their websites completely up to date so it's often not there or a bit outdated. Not that I mind, since I think it means they're too busy making stuff that kicks ass.

Mostly I was just trying to see if any of the members here had any insight, or perhaps a staff member could chime in with knowledge one way or the other.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Well honestly, I think your best bet might be to check out the facebook page, or even the RoG one and send off an email/message asking when they plan on shipping the CG8580 to stores in the US..at least that way, you can make yourself a much more informed decision on whether you wanna wait for the Tytan to come out, or just go buy yourself a G75VW lol

Yeah, I actually just got a reply on FB - "We don't know when or if."

"Or if." I'm dying here. I can't understand why they would even begin to consider NOT releasing it, especially since they just showed off the new one at CES.

Anyways, on the bright side, I probably won't be buying until probably December or maybe even January... so I've got time. I'm just freaking because I had no idea ASUS had gone into the gaming desktop market.

Anyways, thanks for your help, mate. Hell of a quick reply 😛

-TE

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
:eek: that "or if" is rather disconcerting news. And yeah, the predecessor 8565 Tytan was shown off last year....might have something to do with demand for the sucker...most people around here who want desktops seem to be happier building theres, though, if I wasn't into building my own and the 8580 was made available, i'd consider buying it...depending of course on price.....considering we get ripped off pretty damn bad here is Aus.

You're most welcome on the help, happy to help 🙂 oh and btw, welcome to the Home of RoG!! :cool:

Yeah, I understand that. Normally I would build one (in fact, I bought the components and assembled the monster my buddy uses right now, that was an adventure) but I just don't feel like dealing with proper cabling, space management, etc etc right now.

I love ASUS because at least for the gaming laptops (in the States, you Aussies do tend to get proper screwed on prices) the price per performance is completely unmatched by anyone. It's not even close. I discovered ASUS gaming gear back when the G1Sn came out and I've been hooked - as I said, I replaced that guy with a G53JW a few years ago. I'm thinkin' I could still use that as my portable system for a few more years, and pick up a heavy-hitter desktop. I just love the aesthetics and the features on these Tytan guys.

- TE

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
I will have to hand it to them, the Tytan sure is one hell of a damn sexy system(even though I prefer AMD setups lol :p) the way the front panel moves up and down was what sold me on wanting one!! lmao :cool:

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
I will have to hand it to them, the Tytan sure is one hell of a damn sexy system(even though I prefer AMD setups lol :p) the way the front panel moves up and down was what sold me on wanting one!! lmao :cool:

Oh dear, we might have to have words =P

I used to be a champion for AMD in a big way, 10 or so years ago. They were the underdog to Intel, but their chips were blazing fast, and they were cheap. I used AMD chips in every computer I built for friends and family.

But somewhere, a few (5 would probably be a good number) years ago, they really just fell off the wagon, IMO. They just don't seem to distribute load nearly as well as Intel's stuff nowadays - especially now with the i5/i7 architectures which are, quite frankly, brilliant.

Plus, I've always been a gigantic fan-boy for nVidia, and now with the AMD/ATI merger they've kind of polarized the market into AMD/ATI and Intel/nVidia.

I'm getting off topic here because I enjoy the discussion, but I guess what I'm trying to say is I RESPECT YOUR OPINION EVEN THOUGH I THINK YOU'RE WROOOOONG.

And yes, that flip-down panel, and the lighting, and the stealth-jet shapes and venting and everything. Plus the one-touch overclock is an interesting idea, though I'm often suspicious of pre-loaded utilities (I usually uninstall about 90% of it and leave only what runs the ASUS buttons)

-TE

also argh when do these stupid captchas go away

Myk SilentShadow wrote:

I don't find this chassis really ROG.
If the up and down movement of the front panel is your take, get a cosmos II
The greyish back panel puts me off.
You are going to pay a premium just because of the "Asus ROG" label.
I would buy the parts and a better looking chassis. It would look better and you would save. 😛