Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    New ROGer Array

Blank screen g75vw

Quote Originally Posted by rocket-maan View Post
    my 2300 dollar g75vw has been rma'd ...only to return to its little black screen ways mere weeks after the "so called repair job". It works on external monitor, however with horizontal white broken lines across the screen. The gpu is also no where to be found in device manager and installing nvidia drivers obviously don't work. Tech guy at hidevolution concluded a failed graphics card issue after a lengthy remote session, but when i sent it in for repairs earlier in the year, with the exact same problem, they "claimed" that asus had changed a defective motherboard,... So now i'm told gpu for the very same symptom.

So their solution was that i should send them a measly 400 bucks in return for a shiny new graphics card, since my warranty had expired, albeit, 3 months of that warranty period being spent at their repair lab. My reply to them, obviously, was, fuaark orrfffff. So yes, i'm pissed...and with a measly 400 bucks totally out of my reach, for the sole purpose of splurging on a shiny new gpu, i resorted to tearing my laptop down, in an effort to discover the elusive clue as to why i've lost my happy face ..."literally",.... So far all i can see is a lack of thermal compound/pads on the gpu and surrounding components...., so i'll reapply compound and rebuild to see whether my fortunes change. So far i've spent more time trying to fix this laptop than enjoying it, while my wife's 400 dollar laptop can handle almost anything you throw at it ,including coffee, juice and baby food, while my so called rig would disintegrate to utter bits if one as much as sneezes in its general direction ....what a gaming machine !.....any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    same issue but they said my vga is broken but how.seening it built into board . MOTHERBOARD 250 , vga 150, odd 45, plus 50 for labor wtf for what

New ROGer Array

Exclamation Asus g75vw black screen on boot up

I have the same problem . I bought my laptop from amazon and had it import to me here in South Africa I have had a great time with this laptop and yet yesterday when I try to boot up the laptop black screen I try holding down the power button and still the same thing now when I power it on the keyboard led lights come on and after a moment the whole laptop shuts down. And I never even moved the thing around it was always sitting on my desk and have been very well looked after I still got its original stickers on no scratches or anything. I am very disappointed to pay such amount of mony and after 2 years get a blank

please guys give me some advice on what to do I live here is SOUTH AFRICA and I don, t know what to do
    and all my files and all my work is in there

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chabrina View Post
    please guys give me some advice on what to do I live here is SOUTH AFRICA and I don, t know what to do
    and all my files and all my work is in there
    We may want to keep troubleshooting the black screen problem, but if you didn't already know, it is possible to remove the notebook hard drive and attach the hard drive to a different computer using a USB hard drive adapter to transfer your files to a new system.
    Not sure how easy it will be for you to find the USB hard drive adapter, but just wanted you to be aware of this solution.
    If you have any local computer stores you trust, you may want to discuss this option with them to see if they can help with this if you are not comfortable trying it yourself.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    We may want to keep troubleshooting the black screen problem, but if you didn't already know, it is possible to remove the notebook hard drive and attach the hard drive to a different computer using a USB hard drive adapter to transfer your files to a new system.
    Not sure how easy it will be for you to find the USB hard drive adapter, but just wanted you to be aware of this solution.
    If you have any local computer stores you trust, you may want to discuss this option with them to see if they can help with this if you are not comfortable trying it yourself.
    Thank you Albert i will try your option hopefully i can get my files back thanks for the post

New ROGer Array

Problem SOLVED!

Hi guys,

I am also in South Africa and purchased 5 of these ASUS G75VX laptops from a local reseller in Oct 2013.
    Thus far it appears there are two major issues that we have experienced:

1. The power adapters tend to die after only a few months.
    2. The black screen issue on startup.

Resolution to point 1:
    The original power adapter is quite a beast - 180W, 19.5V ~ 9.23A DC output!
    I found that a universal adapter could charge the battery fully whilst the unit was off, and that it could even mange to run the unit.
    I would however suggest that you set the Windows' power scheme to "Power Save" mode so as not to demand too much amps from the universal adapter. The adapter can only provide +/- 66% of the maximum current that the OEM can provide but works.
    Universal Adapter specs: Manhattan AC to DC Power Adapter,19 V, AC/DC, 120 W ~ 6.32A, Retail Box.
    (It also comes with 10 different notebook connectors so you can use it on a large variety of different branded laptops)

Edit by cl-Albert: Anybody who has a bad original ASUS adapter should probably hang onto it and check the warranty with your local ASUS support to see if it may still be covered since it may have the same warranty as the notebooks in some regions, but policies might vary from region to region. Try this page for ASUS Support contact info: http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

Resolution to point 2:
    Since I use the machine for development, I couldn't afford to wait x weeks for a repair-return under warranty.
    I simply dismantled the unit and discovered that the VGA connector from the board to the screen was very poorly seated.
    It has simply moved slightly, causing a bad contact. I seated the connector (still too loose for my liking) and stuck it down with some tape to keep it in place. Reassembled again and have not had the issue since!

This is directed specifically to Chabrina:
    ASUS has pulled out of South Africa so the only warranty-repair centre here is a place called PartServe in Linbro Park, Johannesburg.
    (Muztek in Midrand do repairs and warranty claims, but ONLY if you purchased the unit from them)

As per pervious suggestions, if you require to get your data off the unit, simply remove the hard drive, plug it into an external SATA bay with USB and copy it to another system as a backup.

I hope this post helps others who find themselves in a similar situation...
    Last edited by cl-Albert; 07-03-2014 at 04:51 PM.

I've got a particularly bad black screen issue. It worked fine for the last year and a half of ownership, but yesterday, a couple of hours after changing my hard drive controller, the laptop just shut off.

I turned it back on and I got the bios screen, but once it got past that it just gave me a blank black screen. The backlight was on, but there was no Windows logo or anything. I restarted it to check the bios settings and confirmed that my SSD appeared in the bios menu as the first bootable device (which it did) and hit save and restart. The same thing happened again.
    I then did a hard reset and the computer powered on, but this time without anything on the screen. It stayed black without the backlight coming on, and the HDD light and keyboard backlight only stayed lit for a couple of seconds before turning off.
    I opened the computer back up to verify that everything had been hooked up properly, and I didn't find any loose wires/connectors.
    I tried holding the power button down to do a power cycle, and that didn't do anything. I also tried hooking up to an external monitor and I got no signal on my display.

I'm at a loss as to what to do and I'm fairly certain the computer isn't covered under warranty anymore as it is a year and a half old.
    Last edited by Ichigo0Soul; 07-22-2014 at 05:54 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo0Soul View Post
    I've got a particularly bad black screen issue. It worked fine for the last year and a half of ownership, but yesterday, a couple of hours after changing my hard drive controller, the laptop just shut off.

I turned it back on and I got the bios screen, but once it got past that it just gave me a blank black screen. The backlight was on, but there was no Windows logo or anything. I restarted it to check the bios settings and confirmed that my SSD appeared in the bios menu as the first bootable device (which it did) and hit save and restart. The same thing happened again.
    I then did a hard reset and the computer powered on, but this time without anything on the screen. It stayed black without the backlight coming on, and the HDD light and keyboard backlight only stayed lit for a couple of seconds before turning off.
    I opened the computer back up to verify that everything had been hooked up properly, and I didn't find any loose wires/connectors.
    I tried holding the power button down to do a power cycle, and that didn't do anything. I also tried hooking up to an external monitor and I got no signal on my display.

I'm at a loss as to what to do and I'm fairly certain the computer isn't covered under warranty anymore as it is a year and a half old.
    Something SERIOUSLY wrong with the G75 series.

About 1 1/2 years old now and I had this same thing happen to me today, exactly the same thing.

Laptop worked "fine" yesterday turned it on this a.m. and black screen. Nothing has worked.
    I have an extended warranty that I have to call about on Monday so hopefully that helps absorb some of the frustration.

I sent this laptop in about a year ago for display problems (the vertical lines up the screen across the whole panel) and they never fixed it. Told me that's just how it is LOL. Also complained of the DVD player, that started going bad a few months after their "repair". THEN, there was the ethernet, never would connect through ethernet, they said it got fixed.....IT NEVER DID.

Now this! Absolutely the last piece of Asus gear I buy.

ROG Member Array

Happen to me the same with my new ASUS ROG STRIX SCAR GL703GM-E5016,

I have to press the power button to switch it off and then again to switch it on, annoying as hell.

I can touch use the keyboard and it makes sound and so on but black is screen is there, brand new computer.

Did anyone find the solution?

BTW, battery in low safe energy doing almost nothing, with brightness really low 2 hours.

ROG Member Array

Just to let tou know I found the solution 100%
    So many people with this problem and the solution is so easy xD

Just go to bios and desactivate, wake on lid and that's it.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Misacitamane View Post
    Just to let tou know I found the solution 100%
    So many people with this problem and the solution is so easy xD

Just go to bios and deactivate, wake on lid and that's it.
    Ok guys sorry, it does't work...
    I don't know what should I do.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6