Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Boot Up Problem.

I have the same problem when i boot up, but on my Sony TV it show the boot up logo of ASUS but not on the display of laptop. i have my laptop for 3 weeks already. should i return this laptop?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

If you press Fn-F8 to cycle through the display modes and can't get Windows to display on the laptop screen, that is worrisome.

I recommend performing an F9 ASUS Factory Restore to return your system to an out-of-the-box state. If Windows loads and fails to display on the laptop screen, I would return it to the retailer for exchange or a complete refund.
    Last edited by dstrakele; 11-07-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Member Array

I have also the same problem with a brand new G75VX, bought it 7 days ago, the thing was i went in the advanced power settings and changed the USB selective suspend setting to Disabled(because after shutdown, the USBs were still working), then i hit restart..and from then, nothing, only black screen ...guess the only thing to do is send it back

Are you hooked up to an external monitor or HDTV as well? If so, disconnect it and remove all peripheral devices (including SD card in the Card Reader) and restart. Does video then display on the laptop screen?

Ai Charger Plus can supply power to the USB 3.0 port after shutdown to allow charging of devices. Is it installed on your system? It can be configured not to do this.
    Last edited by dstrakele; 02-18-2013 at 09:43 PM.

New ROGer Array

black screen after windows 7 home premium update.

It was the mag sensor as noted in a previous post. close the lid and enter password on black screen and it booted normally.

ROG Member Array

G75VW issues

I just got a used 1 and had it happen already. Not too concerned after getting it up after a reboot.

I had a MSi E7405 gaming laptop b4 this and there's no comparison except for the sound.

The old 1 had 5.1 surround. For a laptop it was greatt!!!

I absolutely love this laptop!!!

FF

ROG Member Array

G75VW issues

I had those black screen issues with my previous laptop, a MSi E7405.

That 1 I had problems with the 5870 occasionally crashing.

Maybe a Windows issue?

FF

ROG Member Array

I to am getting a black screen, but only when the laptop is cold. I don't hear windows sounds but see the hdd light lashing.

If I leave the laptop on for an hour then tun it off then back on it will normally boot. I have now been taking the bottom off and using a hair dryer on low for about a min, it will then boot straight away??

I am getting it ready to be repaired I thought I would post this somewhere as I haven't read it a temporary solution.

If you connect your laptop to an external monitor or HDTV and it displays video on a cold startup, I would suspect a poorly-connected LVDS cable, where heat expansion is closing the connection.

ROG Member Array

that would make sense, but I don want to void my warranty be trying to check.

Edit: I tried connecting to the TV and it doesn't display on there either.

Maybe others that have this problem can try my temporary solution to get there data before sending it away.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast