cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help my pc keeps crashing

pcbuilder131
Level 7
ok i have posted here before i had the idea that i solved this problem now its come back
mty fist custom build

spec
prosser fx-8150
motherboard asus m5a87
graphics card gts 250
colling sytem overclocker fan asus rock lion
3 indivbidal case fans
case strike x gaming case
dvd disk drive
hard disks operating sytem on a laptop hard drive 250 gb
plus additional conpy of oc on 2 tb hard drive
corsair venguance ram 8gb kit
tp_link internet card
psu 650 watt ocz stantered

i have tried agusting ram freqencys
my cpu is not overheating and has got auto overcloking on it crashes with it on and offf but seemes to crashe less with overcloking on
i have tried 2 operatimng sytems both crash

i will be on for 10 minets some times and it will crashe
then i can go on for hours 7_9 and it wont crash
its a bit odd
i have tried all these setting for a solid week
im trying to intall a new graphics card but i cant until its stabel (550 ti geforce)
i can play battfiled 3 in medium graphics with heets of 4o i have core temp checking tempsand it rund ideal at 7 c
i have steam and origon intalled

i really need help oc is windows 7 ultamate 64 bit
29 REPLIES 29

Zka17
Level 16
I'm sorry to hear that your system is still not running as it should (with no crashes)! 😞

When I was mentioning to test your system in the other thread, I meant to prevent this... I still sustain my idea that you have to do some testing. However, since your previous thread, I've learned a lot about how is better to do that (and yes, prime95 should NOT be your first choice): http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?15051-Best-way-to-test-new-builds-and-fresh-OCs&country=&st...

Based on the thread I linked above, if I would be you, I would set back the BIOS to it's defaults and run Memtest first...

What exactly do you mean by "crashes" anyway? Your system freezes or shuts down suddenly or you get a BSOD? kkn's idea in your other thread is still valid, and would really help to figure out the problems...

i have been running stress test on it trouth out these weeks and bye crashi meen my mouse stops the hole screen freezes and i cant do anythinge not even ctrl alt delate

HiVizMan
Level 40
Go into BIOS F5 to restore defaults then F10 to save and exit.

Does your system crash after doing that. Please test and report back.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

did it monteraing crashes 3 day period should do it
ill try running prime 95

hep tested it crashed an hour maybe 2 after it seems to crash more with core unlocked off it seems i was playing mirrors edge and i passed all prime 95 testes

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK your system is not stable at defaults - I would suggest you begin the problem solving process in earnest.

Download Memtest 4.2 ( I use the USB download) and test each stick of ram individually at defaults.

Report back one all your sticks have been tested - a successful memtest is two completed cycles without error.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

i have it now do i need to create a bootable usb or just put it on im a bit new to this

cant seem to gt mem tester to work

http://www.memtest.org/download/4.20/memtest86+-4.20.usb.installer.zip

Download and extract the installer.
Decide what USB stick you are going to use. Remember all information will be erased from that USB stick.
Begin the install process.
Point the application at your USB stick.
Let the application finish.
Reset your PC
F8 to get to the boot menu option
Select your USB stick

There you go