cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74 - Secondary HD do not recognize

nishi13
Level 7
I got a Vertex 3 ssd, and was having a BSOD problem but i solved it updating the firmware, but now i got 2 new problems that i can solve.

first and more important, my secundary some times it appers and some times i need to restart a few times to recognize, i already checked the conections.

second i cant update the windows, when i turn off the laptop, it frozes on the screen that says do not power of the computer... and i must turn it off holding down the power button, i manage to dont update any more but if every time i try to update is the same thing.
4 REPLIES 4

BrodyBoy
Level 10
If your secondary drive is being intermittently recognized, it's very like the connections. I know you said you checked them already, but go back and carefully ensure that all three connection points are secure.

• At the M/B end of the cable, lift the connector clamp. Remove the FFC end inspect it for damage or dirt. Make sure that it's fully seated into the connector body before pressing the clamp all the way down.
  • At the SATA board end of the cable, open the swing clamp. Remove the FFC and inspect it for damage or dirt. Fully seat the cable into the connector, close the clamp, and cover it with tape.
  • Detach the SATA board from the hard drive and inspect both the connector and drive pins for damage or dirt. Re-attach securely.

It's possible that the other issue is related, so focus on getting 2nd drive problem resolved and then see whether the other issue persists.

i just gave up! i removed the vertex 3 it was causing a lot of trouble, i restored the hard disc and i am reinstalling every thing, i dont it was the connection because when i as removing the ssd i checked and it was perfect, and i just needed to restart the pc to make it work

nishi13 wrote:
i just gave up! i removed the vertex 3 it was causing a lot of trouble, i restored the hard disc and i am reinstalling every thing, i dont it was the connection because when i as removing the ssd i checked and it was perfect, and i just needed to restart the pc to make it work

Was it the new SSD or the hard drive in bay #2? Did you ever try switching them (in the drive bays)?

I removed the ssd and placed the hd on the primary bay, but i am still having some problem because i today when i tryed to start the computer it wasnt recognizing the hd so i opened the laptop and checked the connection and it was fine, when i tried to restart it worked, i think the problem is in the hard disk.