cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Overclocking) ASUS Rampage IV formula + i7-3820.

Axtenar
Level 7
20th May, 2012.

Title says it all, I managed to overclock this beast CPU "i7-3820" to an astonishing 4624.93 MHz!! (with ease) using the formula board the voltage is really low "only using Vcore of 1.33V" I will try to reach 5Ghz shortly. heat is really stable in a very hot room the H100 mamanged to keep my temps well under 60c.

CPU-Z

if you guys have any questions/inquiries please let me know.
23 REPLIES 23

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nice on mate keep us informed.

Cheers
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

hey,

today I tried to lower the vcore to see how I will do with same 4.65mhz also to reduce the heat at full load, the Vcore lowered
from 1.33 to 1.32 after running prime95 at about 5 minutes i got the blue screen of death :p.

Conclusion:

for a stable +4.65mhz on the i7-3830 a vcore of 1.33v or higher is recommended.

cheers.

Hi, wondering how you managed to set you vcore to 1.33
What are your selected/changed settings aside from most while being on auto?
Is your HT on, etc?

thanks.

stonerockbato wrote:
Hi, wondering how you managed to set you vcore to 1.33
What are your selected/changed settings aside from most while being on auto?
Is your HT on, etc?

thanks.

no HT is disabled, somehow I "feel" better when HT is disabled :cool:

Claviger
Level 9
Pretty much right in line with my findings Axtenar. 1.332 for me to stabilize at 4.6. 4.6 is kind of the sweet spot, it keeps voltage low, and you can do it while keeping all C states enabled on the 3820 using BCLK + Multi OCing.

Nice to hear, and congrats. Good luck on 5.0, while you can probably get there, stability/voltage/temp will most likely cause you issues for 24-7 ops, unless your on extreme cooling.

Lothar_wolf
Level 7
Guide to overclocking with this board and chip? Been a time since I overclocked and controls have changed.

Gabon3zu
Level 7
i have the same setup and i will like to know if u can post your R4F bios template please..
i`m in trouble to OC mine to 4.6GHz so i`m curious to see your settings.
or if u will be able to send me some settings for my system i will appreciate you.
all the best mate..and nice OC.

Kazutopia
Level 7
Axtenar wrote:
20th May, 2012.

Title says it all, I managed to overclock this beast CPU "i7-3820" to an astonishing 4624.93 MHz!! (with ease) using the formula board the voltage is really low "only using Vcore of 1.33V" I will try to reach 5Ghz shortly. heat is really stable in a very hot room the H100 mamanged to keep my temps well under 60c.

CPU-Z

if you guys have any questions/inquiries please let me know.

Where are getting the other 325 MHz from?
I have the same board and CPU. The multipler will not go above 43.
Are you overclocking the base clock?
If so, what is your ram at?

I have dominator gt at 2133.
I tried a base clock of 104.7 which put my CPU at 4.5 and ram at 2233, but could not get that stable.
Any suggestions?

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you wish to increase your core frequency (and have the cooling to manage it) increase your BCLK to above 125. That automatically adjusts the strap of your memory. You will need to drop your multi of course and slowly work your way up to find what your optimal CPU core speed will be. The X79 has this facility to change strap and allow locked multiplier cpus to clock higher than just with their limited multi.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.