cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] Intel Graphics HD and Nvidia GeForce 310M installations on ASUS K42JC-Vx108

danivill
Level 7
hey guys. i've been having this problem for about a month now. I've recently upgraded my Windows 7 basic to Windows 7 ultimate. and there is something wrong with both my intel graphics and nvidia software. They cannot be enabled at the same time. i installed the intel software first, however after installing nvidia my laptop cannot display after the restart. i tried installing nvidia first as well with no luck. 😞 what could i do?.
3 REPLIES 3

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi @danivill

As I can understand is that you got nVidia optimus (change between two graphic cards). And as far as I know, you can not enable them at the same time.... nVidia 310M is for high performance (I guess) and for Intel HD Graphics is for battery saving.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

oh. so this means that i have to change it one way or the other when i play video games?. could this also be the reason why my laptop keeps freezing up?

fuzon1337
Level 10
That depends on which programs you have installed and uninstalled from your notebook.

Have you updated the drivers for the hardware lately ?
(nvidia, intel hd, chipset, atheros wifi card and so on)

If you recently got the notebook.... then you can do a reinstall on your notebook back to facotry settings, then remove all bloatware and update the hardware.
Perhaps my thread could be in good use here: (if you choose to do a factory install or clean install)
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?9082-New-notebook-Look-here!
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205