cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown PCI device is Device Manager.

ifvrt12
Level 9
Hello there.

I have recently reinstalled windows, and found an unknown device, despite that I have installed all the drivers and updated windows.

Rampage IV Extreme, BIOS 1101.
Windows 7 64bit
Intel chipset drivers v9.3.0.1019
All latest drivers for Intel 82579V
RSTe v3.1.0.1085.

Name of the device in Device Manager wrote:
PCI Simple Communications controller

Hardware id wrote:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D3A&SUBSYS_84EF1043&REV_05

Device name wrote:
PCI Bus 0, device 22
Intel Patsburg PCH - Manageability Engine Interface 1 [C-0]

I can't find the proper driver anywhere, I also tried to run the intel INF update utility, and looked up DEV and SUBSYS id on google - nothnig so far.

Help 🙂
9 REPLIES 9

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Can't remember for sure but I think this happens when you don't have the Intel Management Engine driver installed...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Can't remember for sure but I think this happens when you don't have the Intel Management Engine driver installed...

+1 for this, i've finally gotten my RIVF up and running. Looked at Device Manager to make sure everything was good and saw the PCI Simple Comms thing. Googled the Device ID and saw this thread...though I thought i'd already installed IMEI, oh well, ran it again and all's good. So thanks Arne!! 😄

Gah!! have to spread some love 1st lol

HiVizMan
Level 40
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=%22Management+engine%22#

Have a look there download the latest one for your platform.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
There are seven different drivers for 7-series and none of them worked.

Upd: Oh well the last one on the list now worked. The one for the 6-series.

Does Intel seriously screw up so terribly and not include drivers in the usual package?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Short answer - yes
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
LOL no worries Myk! Come over to the dark side I see :eek:

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
LOL no worries Myk! Come over to the dark side I see :eek:

Hahaha yeah, soon, hopefully my next build will get started as I buy the parts. RIVBE, 4930K :cool:

HiVizMan
Level 40
Who is your father Luke?

*opps edit mean Myk 😄

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Clearly, the man who sold me my RIVF & 3820 lol