cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems running The Witcher 2 on a G74SX

Throbbz
Level 7
I recently picked up The Witcher 2 when the enhanced edition was released, and I couldn't have been more excited to play it (I greatly enjoyed the first game). The problem, however, is that once the game was installed, I couldn't even run it on low settings (max of about 25 fps). Now, I know that my laptop isn't a beast that can chew through some of the more resource-intensive games without a hitch, but I can run the original Crysis on high settings with 40+ fps on average, SCII on Ultra without any sort of slowdown, and Skyrim runs like a dream on near-max settings (for the most part). I've looked through forum after forum, and listened to everybody who said they have "performance fixes", but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm beyond frustrated at this point. I should at least be able to run this game with a decent framerate, or so I figured.

And just for the record, I do not have the 3d drivers installed; I never install them anyway. Also, this is the GOG copy, if that makes a difference.
1 REPLY 1

catballs
Level 7
i have the steam version installed, and mine works fine on high settings. does GOG have a method of verifying your downloaded files to make sure none are corrupted?

try the newest nvidia drivers from the website.