cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73 will not detect new projector - please help

Retired
Not applicable
I have a G73JH-rbxx05. I replaced an optoma HD65 projector with an optoma HD66 projector. The g73 does not detect the HD66 it is hooked up via hdmi. The hd65 works great via hdmi. I upgraded to catalyst 11.1a and that didn't work. Upgraded the realtek and ATI hdmi audio drivers and that didn't help. Tried different cables, no luck. My buddies new XPS laptop (invidia setup) works great with the HD66 via hdmi. Both of our laptops have win 7 64-bit. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

Chastity
Level 10
What's the difference between the 2 models?
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
The big difference between the HD65 and HD66 is the 66 is 3D ready and its about a year newer. Other than that they are very similar. Got my 3D glasses, all the 3D drivers (not installed). I just need my laptop to find the projector.

Chastity
Level 10
I would try an earlier driver version, like say 10.10 or 10.11, and see if that makes a difference. It may be that the new CCC2 is giving you the issue.

Retired
Not applicable
Hooked up the new projector to my buddies alienware that has a 5870m. His laptop doesn't detect it either. His catalyst hasn't been updated since august. The alienware does detect the older HD65. I actually sold it to him. Anyone ever try to update the 5870's bios? or is that the vbios?

Chastity
Level 10
It's the vBIOS.