cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW - Video lags

Buckeyeboy
Level 7
When ever I am on battery power, any game I play, the video frame rate is terrible. It goes as low as 8 frames a second in Diablo 3, Sniper V2, MW3, Company of Heros.

I even have tried setting it at High Performace when on battery (knowing it will only last an hour), and I still get terrible frame rates.

I have updated to the latest nVidia drivers and that does not seem to help.

The moment that I plug in the A/C, the frame rates return to 180 plus.

Can someone explain to me what is going on when I am on battery to get such bad frame rates?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Holy
Level 7
All gaming laptops cannot pull asmuch power from a battery as from a ac input.
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi @Buckeyeboy

When you run the notebook on only the battery, then the notebook can't get enough juice out of it (or how I can explain that) to push the hardware to get full performance.

So when you're on battery you can use the notebook at normal useage.... browse the web, homework, watch movies/series and so on..

And when you want to play games, then you should plug in the battery becuase then it can use more power from the power suply.

But why do you want to play without the ac adapter plugged in?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

dstrakele
Level 14
I believe if you look at "Processor Power Management" in the "Advanced Settings" tab of Power Options for the "High Performance" profile you'll see "Minimum Processor state" for "On battery" is set to 5% and "Plugged in" is set to 100%. You could increase the "Minimum Processor state" for "On battery", but it was set to 5% for a purpose. Fast, deep discharges are harmful to Li-ion batteries and will dramatically decrease their life.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

I had the same question as the OP. Good info about the battery not being able to supply the amount of juice the modern hardware needs to go full tilt. I guess I'll turn down settings on games if I feel like having a go off AC (e.g. outside on the patio at night).