cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVIDIA GeForce 301.42 + GPU Tweak = Driver Crash

villain
Level 7
GPU Tweak crashes the latest NVIDIA driver.

Beside that this poor software broke all of my profiles again by setting the fan speeds at 0%.
7 REPLIES 7

Sarg_Scorpio
Level 7
dont use GPU tweak mate. Get EVGA Precision X ( using this for my 680. very good program so far )

Thanks for the info, but I'm not sure if EVGA Precision supports the VRM of the GTX 580 Matrix. I'll give it a try.

I've always used Afterburner, which was and still is superior to GPU Tweak. But it won't let me control the fan settings of my current card, therefore I can't use it.

Only GPU Tweak can control the Matrix's fans, my core clock is stuck at 50mhz with the 301.42 driver as well but that's probably Nvidia fault.

BR4DDERS1986 wrote:
Only GPU Tweak can control the Matrix's fans, my core clock is stuck at 50mhz with the 301.42 driver as well but that's probably Nvidia fault.

Afterburner and Precision are unable to control the fans of the GTX 580 Matrix.

However, I realized I can burn my fan profile to the card and then use whatever program I want to adjust the clock and voltage. Precision/AB support the Logitech LCD, which is essential to me.

ASUS hardware is top-notch, but GPU Tweak is not up to ASUS standards at this point.

The driver crash seems to be caused by the 301.42 driver.

I'm using GPU Tweak for two GTX 550 Ti cards in SLI. For one of the cards the voltage was always different than the other one. Any change for that card (changing voltage, changing fan speed, loading profile, synching cards ...) in GPU Tweak led to a crash of the driver.

However, I now updated to the 304.79 beta driver and since then didn't experience a single crash using GPU Tweak, also the voltage for both cards is shown equal now. The crash thus seems specifically caused by the 301.42 driver.

frisianbear2002
Level 9
I had the same with GPU tweaks (could'nt adjust voltage ect ect) when i tried to run 3dMark it kept crashing installed all drivers possible and nothing helped now i deleted all asus software progs that had to do with overclocking and monitoring and installed Precision X and (overclock in the BIOS) all benchmarks run like a charm again.
So it's what HiVizMan already said try a other software for overclocking your GPU don't stair yourself blind on asus overclock progs it's not holy and maybe that will solve your problem 😉
l Asus Rampage 4 Extreme l intel 3930X@ 4800Mhz (1.45volt) 24/7 l Asus matrix GTX 580 l
16GB Team Xtreem DDR3 PC3-20800 2600MHz (11-11-11-28-1)
l Coolermaster Silentpro 1000w PSU l Revodrive3 ssd l WD Raptor 150Gb (10000rpm) l Corsair H100 wc with 4 Cougar Vortex fans l CM HAF 932 Avanced case l Acer X243H 24'' l Asus RT N66U Dark Knight l Logitech Z2300 speakers

In progress the custom build PC Samurai Warrior ''Miyamoto Musashi'' in Japanese ''宮本 武蔵'' made by Pascal

lenehan
Level 10
Try this driver 306.02-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta. It a beta I tested so far work well for me

Download

GeForce 306.02 BETA 32-bit
GeForce 306.02 BETA 64-bit

GeForce 306.02 Beta Drivers Add Ambient Occlusion Support To Top Titles

The new NVIDIA GeForce 306.02 beta drivers are now available to download. Recommended for players of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Darksiders 2, Guild Wars 2, and MechWarrior Online, the GeForce 306.02 beta drivers add realistic ambient occlusion shadowing to each of the listed games, in addition to adding NVIDIA Control Panel MSAA and CSAA anti-aliasing support to Darksiders 2.

SLI users will find a range of performance enhancing profiles for titles such as Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Darksiders 2, Orcs Must Die! 2, Planetside 2, Shogun 2: Total War, Sleeping Dogs, and The Secret World. SLI users will also be interested to know that profiles for Borderlands 2 and F1 2012 have been implemented ahead of their respective release dates. On the 3D Vision front we have new and updated profiles for A New Dawn, the yet-to-be-released, highly-anticipated Dishonored, End of Nations, The Secret World, and many more.

New & Updated SLI Profiles
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Borderlands 2
Darksiders 2
F1 2012
Orcs Must Die! 2
PlanetSide 2 (Updated)
Shogun 2: Total War (Updated)
Sleeping Dogs (Please note that we are currently evaluating SLI bit 0x0C4010F5, which may result in higher performance for users)
The Secret World (Updated)
New & Updated 3D Vision Profiles
A New Dawn – Rated Fair
Alan Wake's American Nightmare – Rated Not Recommended
All Zombies Must Die! Scorepocalypse – Rated Good
ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead – Rated Fair
Bang Bang Racing – Rated Excellent
Brave – Rated 3D Vision Ready
Devil May Cry 4 - Rated Fair
Dishonored – Rated Good
End of Nations – Rated Good
London 2012 The Official Video Game – Rated Fair
Mad Doc Jr.'s Doom Rails – Rated Excellent
Raiderz – Rated Fair
Roller Coaster Rampage – Rated 3D Vision Ready
SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator – Rated Fair
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends – Rated Good
The Secret World – Rated Good
NVIDIA Surround
Surround settings now persist after new driver install.
Fixed Single-GPU Issues

Windows Vista & Windows 7

3D Surround, 4-way SLI: The NVIDIA Control Panel -> Configure Displays for Surround user-assistance screen does not show the correct GPUs to connect the displays on a 4-way SLI system.
GeForce 400 series: After installing the VGA driver and then choosing the ‘restart later’ option, the display goes blank when subsequently installing the NVIDIA driver.
GeForce GT 650M: "No compatible hardware found" error occurs when installing the driver.
GeForce GTS 400 series: Rendering is not visible with some DirectX 9 applications when Shader model 3.0 is used.
GeForce GTX 200 series: Mount & Blade Warband - Stuttering occurs during game-play.
GeForce GTX 500 series, 3D Vision: Crysis 2 & DiRT Showdown - Residual images appear throughout the game if 3D Vision is enabled.
GeForce GTX 600 series: Titan Quest - Gameplay is jerky and stutters with V-Sync enabled.

Windows 8

GeForce GTX 500 series, 3D Vision: Crysis 2 & Dirt Showdown - Residual images appear throughout the game if 3D Vision is enabled.
Optimus Notebook: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to dxgkrnl.sys when attempting to uninstall the driver using the Windows Device manager.
SLI, Surround: Intel x59 or x79 - With Surround enabled, a blue-screen crash (0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) may occur when enabling or disabling SLI or Surround modes. When re-installing the NVIDIA driver after uninstalling it, the driver may fail to install.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.