Headset Razer Tiamat 7.1
    Mouse Pad Razer Exact Mat
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterISP provided (Free)
    Accessory #1 Razer Hydra
    Accessory #2 Madcatz Arcade Fightstick
    Accessory #3 Belkin n52te

Response from one of the ROG modos in France

Salut nous avons un système automatique pour bloquer les messages avec des liens extérieurs au forum pour les nouveaux membres.
    Ceci afin que le message ne soit pas affiché, mais non supprimés pour autant.
    Sinon nous procédons manuellement à la suppression des messages et aux bans des comptes, après que nous ayons remarqués les spams.

Tu ne vois pas de spam, c'est normal avec ce système, mais je peux te garantir qu'il y en a ^^
    Translation:

Hi, we have an automatic system that blocks messages with external links created by new members.
    This stops the messages from being visible, but they are not deleted.
    Then we proceed to deleting the posts and banning the accounts manually once we have seen the spam.

You don't see the spam, which is normal with this system, but I can guaranty that we get it ^^

There you go, all we need now is how to set up the auto block so that the messages arent posted.
    But now he has explained how they work, it brings to mind a few problems that I remember when I first joined the forum. Before having posted a certain amount of posts, every time I linked to an external site, or wished to post a photo, I needed a moderation of my post.

edit: They use vbulletin to control the forum.
    Last edited by Granger; 05-26-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Banned Array

There are like 10 spams out there right now. This tread was bumped by a spam. Getting sick of seeing it. I hate them. Do people respond to this and buy stuff? I would not buy anything from these A**hol*s.

they get paid to do the spams.

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

It has progresively gotten worse lately, I try and report as much of it as I possibly can when I see it. Though, I do think we could use an Aussie Moderator too; to cover the times when the US and UK are sleeping, though yes there is one in France....but, there is still a big jump in time between that Mod and me here in Aus......i'd do it if possible, just to help the Mods keep this crap off our Forums.

Banned Array

Yes It has become much worse. When I first came here I did not see any. Now you have to wade thru the spam to find a real post.

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

We'll look into the links one.

I got 168 reported post emails over the weekend - this is getting crazy now and has to stop! Tempted just to ban the whole 41.xxx.xxx.xxx range but that would be just an angry response on my part

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS View Post
    We ban IPs but still the 41.xxx.xxx.xxx ranges comes back. There's not much more we can do to load up the site with anti-spam stuff, without pissing off genuine new members.
    Think we should trial a few days with that range excluded? I was close to doing this over the weekend but held firing it off in the engine. Need to trace the key suffixes after the 41 prefix and see if it will hurt registrations. Doubt we get many from whatever part of the world it is (why does Nigeria or a bounce from that region spring to mind)...lol

EDIT: Okay that came up as Ghana... Are we selling any ROG product out there :P

I say we go on a 3 day trial. We can always pull the wildcard out of the ban entry list if it hurts anyone.

Banned Array

You have your work cut out for you that is for sure. If I can help in anyway let me know. I really do hate them. Good for them I don't know where they live. I would love to dispatch them neatly.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Think we should trial a few days with that range excluded? I was close to doing this over the weekend but held firing it off in the engine. Need to trace the key suffixes after the 41 prefix and see if it will hurt registrations. Doubt we get many from whatever part of the world it is (why does Nigeria or a bounce from that region spring to mind)...lol

EDIT: Okay that came up as Ghana... Are we selling any ROG product out there :P

I say we go on a 3 day trial. We can always pull the wildcard out of the ban entry list if it hurts anyone.
    I guess, you could put a ban for posting on that area's IPs, just let them to read the forum. You could also check if some members here are from that area, and warn them before blocking. Also, a note could be posted like "From XY country/area posting is not available" - plus give an email dress if someone really needs help to contact.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

All of that above would take mods, so that is something we can look at when there is time.

For now, banned some selected ranges and will monitor for 3 days to see effects. Knocked about 50% of today's spam count out from what i have seen since this morning. Most of it is from Ghana and Nigeria.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast