Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

@Driesy, which GPU do you have. I don't know if anything older than the Kepler cards supports that many GPUs simultaneously.

@john, you are making me jealous! What do you do with that many displays?

@Woots, the displays are separate, not blended like AMD Eyefinity.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Member Array

@Zygomorphic

You may have missed my earlier posts, I said I got a 670M.

Which is heart breaking because i paid more for my model and get the damn older 'Fermi' core.
    I got the Aussie G75VW version, so 256 SSD and 1tb (5400rpm) [not 750gb in DS72 model].

My model: ASUS G75VW-T1013V

I bought this high end model because it came with the 256gb SSD.
    If i had a time machine i would buy the cheaper model with the Geforce 660M and put my own SSD in

AND!! What you do with that many screens is BF3 with 3screen nVidia surround!!
    Yes yes i know, laptop for the portability... the reason i bought this beast. But when ur at ur own place why not tap into some super cool desktop awesomeness for FREE! Got the 3 different display ports, why not use em!

Like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LUAN1gCC9E
    Last edited by Driesy; 08-16-2012 at 06:31 AM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Woots View Post
    PS: if those other 3 displays are 1080 HD displays... can you get 7680x1080 resolution? (4x1920)
    That pic was 2 1080 displays ( including laptop ) and two other ones. VGA output will support 1080 ... so I am sure that "would work" but I don't have that many in one spot.

Well I guess I could hook it up at home including 2 1080 HD tvs ... but not going to ... wife would get way too suspicious.

I will let someone else do that test!

Quote Originally Posted by Zygomorphic View Post
    @john, you are making me jealous! What do you do with that many displays?
    It was just a quick test ... I knew it should/would support 4 displays but until you hook em all up and do it ... now confirmed.

Normally I just use 1 1080 external along with G75VW. At work I have 2 1080s attached to my real work desktop and also have my G75VW ( or my macbook air ) attached to one 1080. Why be a senior database geek without having the best hardware of anyone else at work?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array mrwolf's Avatar

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I wish I could do this but from the discussions in this thread so far it seems that this isn't possible on the 670M...... If anyone figures out how let me know!

The 670M is the older Fermi (Rather than Kepler) architecture, which is why it does not support the multi-monitor setups. While it has the same first digit, nVidia has a practice of rebadging older architectures with the newer numbering system, so it is good to keep a good eye on things! Definitely hoping they do some kind of driver tweak that will allow it on GTX670M as well as 5XX Mobile GPUs!
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Enthusiast Array

Uh, really?
    670M is more outdated technology than 660M?
    So, is it a lie by ASUS (or was it the NVidia site? Dont know, but I read that yesterday. Definately) that they claim on the site, that the 670M is 35% faster in games, than the 660M?
    Or is it truth and its only about the monitor abilities?

I mean, it sounds interesting to have 3 or even 4 monitors running. But 35% more FPS sound more usefull for a Gaming Mashine.

Pitty I cant test it. I only have 2 Displays (Laptop and TV) here.
    Well and a 670M, so more than 2 wouldnt work with it anyways, right? Hmm.
    Last edited by Fanty; 08-17-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanty View Post
    I mean, it sounds interesting to have 3 or even 4 monitors running. But 35% more FPS sound more usefull for a Gaming Mashine.
    Believe it or not a bunch of people are buying G75VWs and not using them for "gaming" ...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by john_from_ohio View Post
    Believe it or not a bunch of people are buying G75VWs and not using them for "gaming" ...
    Yeah, I head there is some people who transport hay with their Porsches.

If I wouldnt game with this thing I wouldnt need a laptop for 2000,- €
    I can photoshop with a laptop for 500 bucks as good as with this.
    Last edited by Fanty; 08-17-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanty View Post
    Yeah, I head there is some people who transport hay with their Porsches.
    It is a really nice machine for IT professionals ... senior database geeks included. Put your vms onto 1 tb secondary drive.

No where near to a Porsche ... lots of laptops "way above this one" in price range.

Think of it more as a mid level SUV ... no where near to the upper price ranges.

Just my opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast