Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Well, you seem to be some upperclass guy with a lot of money then. I dont care if you buyed it to check your emails.
    For ME, its extreme expensive and everybody I know calls me "insane" to pay so much money for a laptop, instead buying a "real computer" (a desktop mashine) wich offers the same for 50% of the price.

2000 Euro (2500 Dollars), thats the price in Germany, is expensive enough I think.

And the Computer Magazines also claim: Totaly insane to buy it. Better get a desktop mashine for a fraction of the price.
    Last edited by Fanty; 08-17-2012 at 11:53 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Wich just reminds me:

Why buying a LAPTOP (means 200% of the price of a identical Desktop mashine) if you want to run it with 4 screens?
    I mean, if your ready to TRANSPORT 4 screens on a daylie basis, why dont you transport a desktop? Not much difference anymore. BUt extremely cheaper.

I have this laptop because I use it 8 hours per day at place X and 8 hours a day at place Y.
    If I woulnt need to transport the thing every day I would never buy a laptop.

I say: if you want to run 4 screens, get a desktop mashine for it. because I dont see you walking around with 4 screens between two apartments on a daylie basis.

ROG Member Array

Angry Read my posts

@Fanty

Does no1 read my replies???

First of all, the multiple screens aren't for word processing or photoshop, you can play BF3 with 3 screens.

I love this laptop, i go over to friend's places all the time and it takes 10seconds to pack it all up. But when i am at home why not plug into 3 screen for BF3?? i already got a couple 23" TVs that i could put either side of my laptop screen.

I am never going to take those screens outside my own house. But I am not going to buy a 1k destop on top of my 2k laptop to achieve 3 screen BF3 at home.

It would have been a nice bonus to be able to do this, and i could have done it by buying the CHEAPER 660M!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Driesy View Post
    Does no1 read my replies???
    Sorry, the onlky thing I read is, that some people may buy a G75 and dont play at all wth them. So that they have no need for GFX speed but lots of displays would be a plus for those.

Because the initial post of mine was, that for gaming it could be more usefull to have 35% more FPS than 4 screens.

I also wonder, how much does the FPS drop with 4 screens? Isnt it 4 times as much pixels to draw?
    Is the 660M so extremely powerfull that it not only can play modern games with maximal settings but also with 4 times as much pixels to render? I always thought this is a ting that people with desktop computers and a combination of several high end gfx boards do.
    Last edited by Fanty; 08-18-2012 at 09:47 AM.

The 660M is very fast, yes, but nearly as fast as a GTX660 (Desktop), or the mega-gamer multi-card setups that some people have. Will the 660M drive four 1080p monitors for work from a hardware standpoint? Definitely! Will it from a gaming point of view, probably not. Still, there is room for computers to get better, which means that we will have to upgrade at some point.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Enthusiast Array

You would need a desktop with SLI to do multiple screens for a game like Battlefield 3.

The multiple screen ability of the G75 is more useful for office work. For example, it's extremely useful for me as I do game development work.
    Last edited by UltimaRage; 08-18-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    G75VW-BBK5
    i7
    8 GB
    660m

ROG Member Array

I think your right... But hey, some1 with a 660m could give it a crack!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4