cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting My laptop back from it's 4th RMA in 3 days!

lilysintrigue
Level 7
Hopefully this will be the last time I have to post about my laptop and all the issues I've been having.. According to Aaron they have tested and replaced pretty much all they can, and it's tested with no issues overnight! I hope in the future to just post about good things, and general stuff! *Finger's crossed* Will keep you guys informed as to the outcome / finalization of this whole ghastly issue! Wish me luck! 🙂

Later
🙂
18 REPLIES 18

kiba
Level 10
lolz, good luck, my gf and I went through a similar issue with our g74, the speaker on the right side used to vibrate like a single engine cessna. After a few RMA's without any luck, I decided to take it apart and take a look myself. It turns out it just has really bad speaker placement on the right side, part of the motherboard actually overlaps part of the right speaker, along with some plastic that I dont really understand why was there, which was hanging down into the fan and heatsink area underneath. I tore out the plastic, then put some thick tape between the speaker and mobo.

Anyways, my point being, we all like to think that our problems will be fixed with an RMA, but sometimes that just isnt the case and you have to take matters into your own hands. Since then, no problems with the system at all, its pretty solid. I hope this is the last time for you and that they fix your problems. :confused: .
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

lilysintrigue
Level 7
Well After 2 motherboards, 2 gpus, and 2 hdd's and 2 months with me having my laptop back less than a day, I really hope it's fixed this time.. Or I will cry/ go a little grrGGrrr this time.. Unfortunately my issue was or is a bunch of things.. wish mine was just a speaker lol I wouldn't mind that just plug in my triton's and problem solved.. if only the speaker could have been my issue.. if only... ( girl can dream right 😛 ) Iol 🙂

kiba
Level 10
well, yeah that sucks lol, I did have to repaste my G73 though at one point, if that counts. 😛

lilysintrigue
Level 7
lol yeah pasting the laptop counts 😛 I never want to see these three letters together in a sentence I use again EVER and those letters arrrrrrrrrre RMA gah those letters just make me shudder 😛

chrsplmr
Level 18
Lily... if it were up to me .. trust me it is not .. hahaha .. Id send ya a brand new G
just for teaching us all the art of gentle frustration .. cudos .. im cross'n my fingers
with ya .. for the best luck ever ... RMA LAMO DING DONG ? (its a song) hehhee .. ok .. heres to never again.c.

lilysintrigue
Level 7
lol oh my that song is so ahm and on another note 😉 Thank you for that, well there is no use yelling about something that yelling won't fix ya know 🙂 People can only do what they can do to the best of their capabilities, and yelling at them won't make them learn any new tricks or make them move faster

kiba
Level 10
no, but beating them might 😛

The sad part is companies always dog the customers who dont raise hell. They bend over backwards for those who do . I'd agree that those that have shown patience should get their units fully replaced. Id be screaming bloody murder.

Let me say this. I got "lucky" when I got enough money to buy a gaming laptop. This is not something that I will be able to just replace. I also wont be able to deal with it being gone weeks on end. Which is why i hope nothing ever happens to mine.

imbloodyskintag
Level 8
Im still waiting for mine to comeback after RMAing it?? They have had it since 30th April and still not returned, its becoming hard to get updates from the ebay reseller (been calling and texing him since tuesday,no answer or reply)

On the 9th I was told will be back with me any day now????
On the 17th I was told it was fixed and being soak tested.
(wasnt told what the actual fault was that they have fixed,when I asked I was just told a repair report will be in the box when I get it back?)

Im very tempted to sell it once it comes back, assuming it comes back without any other issues or faults.