Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Hi Guys

I recently got this board Maximus V formula. installed it with a 3570K and I use a 500 Gb seagete drive and a SATA dvd burner.

everytime I turn on my pc it will get stuck on A2 error. I then reset it (sometimes a couple of times) and then the Drive led starts blinking and it goes through with the boot. I saw a comment here that it might be a defective cable. I will try another one, Doubt it though since the cables were all new in the box.

I have the latest Bios, 1409 I think it is, or 1408. and windows 8.

Any help is appreciated will let you know what happens when I change the cable.

Allen

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Please try and connect all your devices to the Intel ports.

And if that does not work, will you please test with only the hard drive connected. Start in the Intel 1 (6G) port and test each one.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Ok I changed the cable and nothing happened, still getting the issue. I will do as you told me tonight and let you know tomorrow the results.

ROG Member Array

ok, So I removed the sata dvd burner, and connected the seagate drive to the intel port 1 all alone and the issue hasn't reoccurred. this is clearly looking like a bug. any suggestions? I Still need to use the dvd burner.

It is very possible that the DVD burner is not compatible, or has a problem and is preventing the system from working.

All I can suggest is try to plug the DVD burner in the different ports and see if the error comes back.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

the error came back without even pluging the dvd. this morning I had to reset the board like 4 times and then it got through. I know clearly now that whenever the issue happens I get no HDD led at all. It's like it's waiting for the HDD to do something and it does nothing. when it finally goes through the drive starts to work and the led blinks and the system boots.

Please change out your HDD power cables if possible. Use a different string or use a adaptor and tap into the Molex rail.

I wonder if it is more PSU than the ports.

ROG Member Array

I changed the PSU cables. on thge sata drive still got the error. I have to reset the board like 3 or 4 times for it to finally boot. Maybe it's a drive issue but unfortunately I don't have any other drive to test. it's weird though cuz once it works it keeps working. Only happens when I leve the PC shutdown for a while

And by shut down you do not mean without power to the board, so the PSU is still connected to the wall socket. Only the motherboard has been powered down.

Very odd. I have not been able to duplicate this at all.

ROG Member Array

well thinking this might also be a HDD issue I wnt and bought an HDD. Installed my operating system again on the new drive. and went to sleep today in the morning I get up and poweron the PC and there it goes again. the same issue only this time i had to restart several times. until I could boot.

If the issue can't be replicated form your end it means there's something wrong with my board right?. I don't know what else to try.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast