Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Stuck on Q-code A2 with BOOT DEVICE LED lit on MVE. BIOS 1802.
    Reloading BIOS (the flash port back) resolved it in my case (I wish it was always that simple).

Anyway, I believe the BIOS gets corrupted for some reason and that A2 + BOOT DEVICE LED is just a red herring (this is the last thing the board does before booting the OS, so it's the last thing you see - it doesn't necessarily mean that anything is wrong with your devices).

I didn't touch a thing, and everything got into normal state once I fixed the BIOS.
    Now, the BIG question is why the BIOS gets corrupted (if this is what is happening) or why the MoBo loses touch with it? I've seen a lot of postings around this issue with almost any Maximus V board, so it may indicate that it has something to do with the board series design (?)

What's for sure is that I apparently didn't have any bad connections or components (it was running fine before, and it is running fine after), so to me is pretty clear that it's either the BIOS or the board. Hope my experience may be useful to someone.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

If you have carpets in your house, or there is static - that is how easy it is for stuff to get scrambled.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

New ROGer Array

Sorry to revive a fairly old thread, but this is one of the top results on Google so this may help others in the future.

I had the same problem. It turned out to be related to the CPU fan header not being connected as someone mentioned previously. However, that is normal behavior and the real issue turned out to be video I/O. I have a PCIe video card that is using Display Port. I went ahead and switched it to HDMI and I was able to see the CPU Fan error where it asks to press F1 to run setup. Note however that the problem began with me unplugging some HDDs, and it has also happened before without changing anything to begin with. Personally, I think it's a bug in the UEFI.

Mymotherboard is the Z87-Deluxe with currently the latest UEFI version.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Cheers for the update mate. Hope your system is sorted now.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array likwidsolutions PC Specs
    likwidsolutions PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z97 Maximus VII Formula
    ProcessorIntel 4th Generation i5 4690k
    Memory (part number)8GBx2 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SCC+ ATX 2.0
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
    Storage #2Seagate 1TB SSHD 2.5"
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i GTX
    CaseCorsair Vengeance C70 (Black w/ Corsair Fans, Ordered Noctuas)
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750
    Keyboard Steelseries APEX
    Mouse Logitech Proteus Core G502
    Headset PlayStation 4 Gold w/ 7.1 Dolby SS
    Mouse Pad Sentey Thin Profile Mousepad
    OS Windows 10 TP
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk R700 AC1900

so it looks like I got Windows installed but it keeps taking me back to the main menu and I don't know how to start Windows without it giving me the BIOS first. it looks like I've got windows 10 ready because it's letting me create an account and if through this then I can install the drivers which will hopefully fix the CPU fan error once I get the Corsair drivers installed as well as my others. I just created my account and now I'm signing in but is there anyway that I can go straight to Windows without having to hit the BIOS screen?

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hello likwidsolutions

Do you have the drive with the operating system on it selected as first boot device?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4