cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G73JW keeps freezing(?)

Retired
Not applicable
Hello I am new to the forum,
I bought my Asus back in early December but i have been having alot of problems for some time now.
mainly the problem is that the laptop keeps freezing(i believe this is the correct term).
this usually happens right after i start up the computer and have logged on. i have surfed the forum and have heard that itunes may be causing the problem, so i have not yet turned on itunes yet(and it hasnt freezed! :D)
but i wanted to make sure that Itune is the problem and not something else. if i remember correctly this problem started occuring after one of the asus live update. I am still not entirely sure what is causing the problem. (i have read some of the older posts but i am not sure if it is the same issue or not.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: i am currently using Itune and the laptop didnt freeze(yet?) so im not sure if Itune is really causing the problem or not.
3 REPLIES 3

Chastity
Level 10
Check to see that TwinTurbo is disabled. I had that lockup my JW a couple of times from TurboBoost + TwinTurbo = too high of an OC and lockup.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
twin turbo has been turned off so it shouldnt be the cause

Hi guys i'm new, i have a solution for this problem for all
G73 randomly locks up (freezes)
Solution

1) upgrade mother board driver
2) upgrade your Realtek Audio Driver
http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTyp...
this audio driver seems to be d cause, idk why.

3) upgrade firmware for seagate momentus xt
http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/215451en

You don't need to reinstall Creative Audio Center. I had issues with previously released drivers, But finally the issues seems to be fixed with the new Realtek Audio driver! I installed the new driver, Creative Audio Center Recognized it without any problem and I launched all programs above with enabled Subwoofer boost and no more lock up!

plz let me know, works for me and many people.