cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the g75 run diablo 3 with the 290 drivers?

vandridine
Level 7
The drivers my g75 came with are a few months old, and i can't find a place to download and 300+ drivers for the 670m. I am just wondering if it will run the game at all or will i need to wait for them to release new drivers.
11 REPLIES 11

john_from_ohio
Level 11
It has a 2 gb video card using latest nvidia technology ... does that help any?

Holy
Level 7
its runs it for me just fine im on 296.44
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

kiba
Level 10
yeah, my g75 eats the game for breakfast. It doesnt even use dx11, or even dx10 for that matter. the graphics are about as bad as wow's, for comparison. I am running it at work with my radeon 5870 in my g73, and that runs it flawlessly.

But yeah, just like all blizzard games, it will pretty much run on a toaster.
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

Daylife
Level 9
Yeah to bad Blizzard crews eveything up.....Diablo 3 has issues with FPS. I should be running the game at like 200 FPS but im capped at 60, and it jumps from 60 to 300 to 60 to 200 etc.....There are a million threads on Blizzards site because people are having issues.

Retired
Not applicable
I know other games that have an adjustable max-fps value in the settings... shouldn't be too hard for blizzard to realize something like that in their game.

I have a g75 with a 660m installed in it.

I ran Diablo 3 game off my pre installed 5400 1TB drive and I got constant stuttering problems that drove me nuts. However, I realized while standing still all the animations were real time and smooth. It made me realize this might have to do with load speed on my HD.

I went out and bought a SSD for my main drive on this machine and installed D3 onto (as well as Win7 itself)

Now diablo 3 runs just as flawless as it does on my main machine... even with graphics fully pumped up.

For those have issues with stutter on this laptop consider an SSD update it worked for me.

Hope it helps!

PS: I got a Sata III Sandisk Extreme drive.. they have fantastic read/write speeds (do some homework on them you will be impressed to even compared against intel SSD's)
PC Setup:
Battlestation Setup:

Woots wrote:
I have a g75 with a 660m installed in it.

I ran Diablo 3 game off my pre installed 5400 1TB drive and I got constant stuttering problems that drove me nuts. However, I realized while standing still all the animations were real time and smooth. It made me realize this might have to do with load speed on my HD.

I went out and bought a SSD for my main drive on this machine and installed D3 onto (as well as Win7 itself)

Now diablo 3 runs just as flawless as it does on my main machine... even with graphics fully pumped up.

For those have issues with stutter on this laptop consider an SSD update it worked for me.

Hope it helps!

PS: I got a Sata III Sandisk Extreme drive.. they have fantastic read/write speeds (do some homework on them you will be impressed to even compared against intel SSD's)

the stuttering has to do with issues that are well known on their end (servers) they had similar issues back in vanilla wow when i used to play. Making a single player game server based was a great idea :rolleyes: .I have 2 top of the line ssd's on my machine and it still stutters occoasionally, so what you are experiencing is probably just the placebo effect, as the game stutters on every computer i own, including my desktop (Raid SSD's, Dual gtx 680's, 32gb ram, watercooled i72600k) so it is just frustratingly bad game design lolz.

Jsl1ce wrote:
the stuttering has to do with issues that are well known on their end (servers) they had similar issues back in vanilla wow when i used to play. Making a single player game server based was a great idea :rolleyes: .I have 2 top of the line ssd's on my machine and it still stutters occoasionally, so what you are experiencing is probably just the placebo effect, as the game stutters on every computer i own, including my desktop (Raid SSD's, Dual gtx 680's, 32gb ram, watercooled i72600k) so it is just frustratingly bad game design lolz.

Yup it is a server issue. I remember the Vanilla day, same thing happened with SC2 when it first came out.

kiba
Level 10
i still havent tried sc2, my gf got us diablo 3 so we could play together. but imo most modern blizzard games are mind numbingly bad and just not worth the time