cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus power pin question ?

n3tninja
Level 9
I recently bought my Asus g53sw and I get really paranoid with something I buy. I usually REALLY take care of my laptops and upon reading about the power pins on the asus g laptops breaking, I tend to now CAREFULLY and SLOWLY plug the jack in. Is the power pin breaking a really common
problem, or is it just with a few machines.

I feel the powerplug is somewhat hard to push in, but it goes in without issues.

Please respond. 🙂
Asus G53sw-A1
Intel i7 2630qm
Memory 8 GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5 GB
Windows 7 Premium
1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
4x Blu-Ray
Razer Mamba, Razer Abysus, Rog Gaming Mouse.

FPS GAMER.
56 REPLIES 56

dstrakele
Level 14
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1800-power-connector-pin-broke-on-my-G53jw is one of the main threads about this issue. I'd recommend getting the right angle adapter discussed in it, but you'll still need to be very careful.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

How long have you had your laptop for ?
Are there users that never had this problem before ?
Asus G53sw-A1
Intel i7 2630qm
Memory 8 GB
Windows 7 Premium
1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
4x Blu-Ray

FPS GAMER.

dstrakele
Level 14
I've had my G74SX-A1 for 8 months. The G53 models are particularly susceptible to power pin connector breakage. They are the only models to report this issue. It appears to be a poor design.

In the thread I referenced, I believe @Chastity@ASUS posted he never experienced this problem on his G53. However, some other G53 owners report multiple RMA's for this same issue.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
I've had my G74SX-A1 for 8 months. The G53 models are particularly susceptible to power pin connector breakage. They are the only models to report this issue. It appears to be a poor design.

In the thread I referenced, I believe @Chastity@ASUS posted he never experienced this problem on his G53. However, some other G53 owners report multiple RMA's for this same issue.

Is there a MOD company that can put it in a more durable pin socket ? A professional mod company ?
Asus G53sw-A1
Intel i7 2630qm
Memory 8 GB
Windows 7 Premium
1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
4x Blu-Ray

FPS GAMER.

dstrakele wrote:

That is correct; Chastity@ASUS has never experienced this problem on his G53, but he also purchased a 180W adapter that has an L-shaped connector from Targus early on and he is careful with his notebook. One suggestion which may be on one of the links posted in this thread is to purchase an L-shaped adapter fitting to connect to your current AC adapter.

Also, there is a small washer/space filler type thing which you can slide over the pin of the adapter all the way to the back which will fill the space and give you a more snug connection which will also help. I happen to have one of these I was using on a laptop i no longer have so, OP, send me a PM and I can send you this washer.

Wow, Mason, +1 for generosity! 🙂 Any chance ASUS will start shipping those standard...then again, that would remove their chance to give ROG'n service...but ROGn service will go away...ROG hardware reachn for perfection.
--the new chrsplmr 😉
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Zygomorphic wrote:
Wow, Mason, +1 🙂 ... ROG - Reach'n for Perfection. 😉

I can not say it enough. Flaming here is pointless .. time and time again ROG Proves it will go to the Mat for
us ... sometimes even at their own expense .. Which is what is meant when a Member tells you : Welcome to ROG.

dstrakele .. You Sir are a tireless advocate of the fellow Member .. great respect.c.

chrsplmr wrote:
I can not say it enough. Flaming here is pointless .. time and time again ROG Proves it will go to the Mat for
us ... sometimes even at their own expense .. Which is what is meant when a Member tells you : Welcome to ROG.

dstrakele .. You Sir are a tireless advocate of the fellow Member .. great respect.c.

props to you and dstrakele alike for all your help whether offering suggestions or just listening to the issues that other ROG'rs have!...it's become sort of the way of ROG 😛

chrsplmr wrote:

props to you and dstrakele alike for all your help whether offering suggestions or just listening to the issues that other ROG'rs have!...it's become sort of the way of ROG 😛