cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM MAXIMUS V Internet

Ale123476
Level 7
Hi guys I'm new here, from 3 days, I bought the V maximus my, my configuration is.
Maximus V
Intel i7 3770
16gb ram Corsair V cl8
800W corsair
Ati hd 6870

my problem is. when I play my ping goes from 30ms to 600 300 400 for 15 seconds then back to 30ms. This happens to me with the usb wifi, thinking it was a matter of usb wifi problem, I attached the pc with ethernet but the problem remains. I fear that some drivers that conflict is, I updated the drivers from asus. never had these problems, I have another PC at home and the problem is not there. can anyone help me?
3 REPLIES 3

Ale123476
Level 7
the problem is hight with usp wifi , with ethernet the problem appear later.

Steven_belfast
Level 7
Try to ping your rotuer or gateway,
Open command prompt and do ip config,
Look for the address of the default gateway, 95% of the time it will be 192.168.something.something

Make a note of the address and to ping -n 150 "thenumber"

This will ping the rotuer 150 times, if the ling here does not go up its nothing to do with the computer,
And will be a issue with your internet provider.

If the ping to the router does go up then remove all anti virus / firewall software and reboot and try again.
| Asus Maximus IV Extreme | Intel 2600K | Corsair Hydro H100i GTX |
| XFX Radeon R9 290X Black Edition | G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB |
| Corsair Force Series 3 120GB | Corsair Obsidian 800D (6GB/s) |
| Corsair Professional Series AX1200 |

KILLER_K
Level 10
i know on windows the wlan autoconfig in services will cause lag like that. as it searches for a new connection I believe every 10 seconds. Once you connect wireless you can stop the service and it fixes it most of the time. But you have to enable it to reconnect if the signal is lost. I'm betting it is your isp provider with the lag issues though. Since you was hard-wired and was still lagging. You can try flushing the dns also. By using the ipconfig /flushdns command. Thanks