cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The G75 subwoofer - will it be fixed?

janmi
Level 7
The G75 subwoofer plays all the frequencies, which makes the sound pretty adequate. The sound would me much better if only the bass sounds (below 150Hz) would be directed to the subwoofer.

So the question to Asus is: Is there going to be a fix to this, and if so, how soon? Or is this a permanent situation???

Ps. Could an owner of a G75 test how low the subwoofer can go? You can test it really easy with this: http://wn.com/Ultimate_Bass_Test__100_hz__1_hz_|_Sine_Wave_Subwoofer_Tester_Tones__100hz_to_1hz__MY_...

My current laptop goes to about 64-63Hz and after that it's just a whirring sound.
9 REPLIES 9

elyasib
Level 7
In the strict sense of the word, the g75 subwoofer isn't actually a subwoofer given that it plays a wider range of frequencys than it should, therefore the information provided by ASUS would be misleading as long as it still unfixed. And apart from the posible legal consecuenses that this may produce, for me ASUS has affected its reputation. Im not saying the g75 is a bad product, overall is excellent, but I am being much more careful next time I buy a laptop. I really wish ASUS fix this problem, or at least be honest and state its position.
Asus G75VW-BBK5 🙂

Asus G53SW Old Laptop

elyasib wrote:
I really wish ASUS fix this problem, or at least be honest and state its position.

Marshall from asus has already noted ( several times ) that they are looking into the problem.

Let's remember please that this series of machines is fresh out in the marketplace and any fixes/updates will take some time to get tested before being made available.

john_from_ohio wrote:
Marshall from asus has already noted ( several times ) that they are looking into the problem.

Let's remember please that this series of machines is fresh out in the marketplace and any fixes/updates will take some time to get tested before being made available.

I guess I was a little rude, let's wait then...

P.S. btw do you guys happen to know any good usb audio card, and if they really worth the investment.
Asus G75VW-BBK5 🙂

Asus G53SW Old Laptop

Holy
Level 7
well i got all the way to the 1hz. on my sub
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

Holy wrote:
well i got all the way to the 1hz. on my sub

Umm, I doubt that. 😄 Could someone do the test, please? 🙂

I just bought a new Asus G75 and I've experienced this problem with subwoofer. I've tried to adjust something using the "VIA HD Audio Deck" without any success.

I feel the following issues:

• The volume of the subwoofer is always max;
  • There are higher frequencies, cause of saturation.

I think they should update drivers and the application "VIA HD Audio Deck". The hardware works fine IMO, but they skipped some important small adjustment.

c_man
Level 11
New driver puts LFE volume a bit under speakers.

ASUS Xonar U3 is worth a test. Unless you want to go HI-FI and then the game changes a lot.

mrwolf
Level 10
What ive done a for a temporary fix ( not really a fix but makes the sound a bit better ) is if you right click on speakers and go onto sounds in from the taskbar, right click on the speakers - properties - levels and then put your volume to max. Then set the monobass to half that and you should get clearer sound coming primarily from the middle rather than just the sub masking everything..
Hope they sort it out soon tho 🙂

Ayman
Level 10
As for me i removed the VIA driver software and i update the driver from VIA folder the the sub woofer is off now just using the 2 speakers and i can use the headset without any problem.
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D.
CPU: Core i7-7700K.
Board: Asus Maximus IV Formula Z270.
VGA: Asus Strix GTX 1080.
Ram: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE LED 3000MHz.
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110.
PSU: Corsair AX860iW.
SoundCard: Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe.