cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best SSD for this mobo?

Retired
Not applicable
All,

Getting ready to build a new rig around this mobo and am wondering what the best ssd is for the rampage III formula. Seen some posts about Crucial drives not working and am wondering if you all have some success stories.

Thanks,
A
4 REPLIES 4

martin_metal_88
Level 8
There was in fact some issue with the C300 using this mobo for some wierd reason. Just look for SSD with Sandforce controller, they are all almost the same and performance between them is usually pretty small. Corsair Force and OCZ vertex2 are pertty good bet. The intel X-25 are also well known for their capability. Make sur to read few guide for the tweaking. SSD still have a pretty short life line due to write cycle but you can extend it by a lot if you use it well. The best and easy guide is probably the one you can find on OCZ forum :
http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?63273-*-Windows-7-Ultimate-Tweaks-amp-Utiliti...

Follow these tweak to prevent useless write to your SSD.
Ask us if you ever need more advice 😉
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks very much. I will most likely need plenty of assistance when I go to put this thing together.

-A

martin_metal_88
Level 8
That's why we are here 😉 But you should be good with this guide. It has everything you need the rest is just advice on what to put on the SSD and what to not. You should also concider buying some SSD software. There are few free that can tell you the life spawn of it but most are garbage. The best is SSD life that can be bought for about 20$ I think.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

virtualmadden
Level 7
I installed a G.Skill Phoenix Pro 120GB on this board and so far it has been fast. I would recommend using the Intel SATA ports instead of the Marvel ones. As Martin said, you really can't go wrong with the Sandforce drives.