cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 Fan Controller

Guido7142
Level 7
Is there any chance to control at least one of the fans in the G75VW ? At least edit the fan curves. I'v tried using FanSpeed or the EVGA Precision tool and could not control any of them.

Thnx.
G75VW-BBK5 / i7 3610QM / 8GB RAM / OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB / GTX 660M
12 REPLIES 12

Hifonics
Level 7
I would like to know this too. I got my GF a MSI GT70 and it has easy capabilities over ts cooling.

ForCeV
Level 10
The answer is no... can't control fan...

ggBanks
Level 10
For this you may need to flash a custom bios on your mobo.

Holy
Level 7
You would need to flash a custom not may need.
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

Has anyone built a custom one for this purpose yet? I don't know how to do that but would like to be able to control the fans.

Im suprised not many people care about this option. MSI gives out this ability.

WontonNoodle
Level 8
yeah, can we get a fan speed control please

MSI has it and so does Clevo and Alienware.

ggBanks
Level 10
You can force fan speeds, by tempering with the hardware, which I do not recommend (there are some people here that did this, but the have a lot of experience). As for now no one has a custom BIOS which can control the fans. And by the way, why would you want to control your fans since the laptop chooses the best RPM for the best cooling itself?

Guido7142
Level 7
I would like to keep them at 100% all the time since I work with a massive OC in the GPU. I use headphones so no nise problems for me.
G75VW-BBK5 / i7 3610QM / 8GB RAM / OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB / GTX 660M

ggBanks
Level 10
If the system detects high temperatures it will automatically push the fans to full working capacity. And having the fans always at 100% is useless. Normally it is not required 100% if you are just browsing the net.