Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

I'm trying to upgrade my g55 right now with 2 4gb memory chips to obtain 16gb of memory. I'll need a different version of windows 8? pro or ultimate? When installing ram into the 2 slots, the screen won't display and the laptop shuts down within 20 seconds. Is there something I should do before installing this upgrade?

ROG Member Array

Hey lennyix - I realize that this is fairly ancient at this point, but I'm still getting great performance and satisfaction out of my G55 - seriously - although it will perhaps be relegated to a dedicated DAW platform in the coming year. ANYWAY - I am wondering what you found out - if you were able to resolve your problem with the 8gb (2x4gb) upgrade attempts? Even now, I have not read anything that would indicate you have to do anything when going from 8gb to 16gb - the bios should simply detect and incorporate the additional two sodimms.. So, did you find out what the problem was? Could it have been that the modules you were using were somehow incompatible (I actually hope this is the case - as I really need to do the 8 to 16gb upgrade myself cuz I'm frequently pushing the edge of the 8gb these days.

Again - I know this is nearly necro, but - it is a community support forum and not a raging "who's the hottest alien" flame-war, after all ;-)

If you have a sec to convey your subsequent experience, it'll be greatly appreciated. In any event, I hope you were able to make that work without too much more hassle.

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2