cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Gene Q code 55 / ram led lit up / code 76

letifa
Level 7
Hi,

I would like to recieve some advice on my newly purchased maximus V gene.
Whenever i try to boot it up, everything starts spinning, i can hear the HDD, the cpu + case fans start working, but the debug led keeps giving a code 55.

The motherboard is used in combination with an ivy bridge 3570k cpu, and 8 gigs of corsair vengeance lp memory (Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9)

I have been reading about the issue on these forums / google, and have already inspected and reseated the cpu. It looks undamaged, atleast to my naked eye. I'd test it in another mobo but i do not have any friends running ivy bridge. nor sandy bridge for that matter... I've switched the ram modules inbetween all slots (A1,A2,B1,B2) to no avail. I've arranged for a friend to come along with a working piece of ram memory (straight from his pc) and will test it with that.

I've already tested with the ROG connect aswell, it seemed to give a code 76 once, but then started giving code 55 just aswell. (code 76 happened after i tried booting with the memory go button)

Oh, and i;ve cleared cmos aswell 🙂

Might you have any other tips? (i've already done all the basics, check connectors, check the sockets / benches for residue, made sure the screws are not too tight, made sure there is not contact on the mb other than from the spacers.)

Thanks in advance!
29 REPLIES 29

Shamino
reseat cpu and reseat dram making sure all contact points are clean

Update:

I have tested a ram module which has been confirmed to work in my friends pc (we put it back in after the test, his pc posted no problem) This leads me to believe that the issue lies with either the mobo or the cpu.
Since i have already reseated the cpu and didnt see anything odd, I will go to the retailer who sold it to me, he has a test-bench in the shop and i will ask him to test my cpu. If it does turn out that the cpu works without issues on his testing bench I guess I will have to RMA the gene V.... 😞

I have been having the same problem as you, Latifa.

I wanted to upgrade my rig, so I splashed on a maximus v gene, core I5 3750 and 8 gigs or corsair vengeance RAM. Am comptia hardware certified and have been building my own rigs for years - the point being this aint my first rodeo.

I have a silverstone FT02b case and pulled everything out ready for the new parts. I installed everything and it kept getting hung up on qcode 76. I looked in the book figuring I have just forgotten to plug something in but the code states "PCH module".

So I took it out and assembled the barebones on top of the box it came in - and it worked fine. I put it back in the box - error code 76 again. So rebuilt on the box thinking it was an intermittent fault meaning component failure but it worked again. So this time I put it back in and it worked. Unfortunately, I cant give you an answer as to what the issue was - but try building it outside the confines of the case - see where it gets you. Reseat your RAM, especially.

Same problem here after upgrade to 16Gb quad channel with 4x Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 !

If I boot with 1-2-3 single sticks everything boot ok, if I try the fourth one alone with memtest no errors also installing the quad channel into another motherboard (a X79 with 3930k CPU) everything works OK.

I've also upgraded to lastest BIOS, cleared CMOS, reseated many times CPU and RAM but issue persist.

Very very very disappointed.

8_Pack
Level 12
Check your CPU coolers are not bolted down too tight and warping the boards.

8 Pack wrote:
Check your CPU coolers are not bolted down too tight and warping the boards.

Thanks for your reply, but I think it is a BIOS/Motherboard issue because it is the official reply from ASUS Support:

"
Dear customer,

Regarding the described problem, Please wait the new version of BIOS. We have already send the note at the responsable department the described issue.

Best Regards
ASUS HELP DESK
"

Very very strange for a 180 euros motherboard.

eva2000
Level 7
guys what bios you using with Maximus V Gene that experiences this 55 code ?
i4memory.com

• Core i5 3570K L208B104
  • Maximus IV Gene-Z 3402

Zka17
Level 16
Just repeating what I posted in an other thread...

code 55 = "memory not installed"

Guys, be sure that the memory modules are inserted correctly into the DIMM slots!

Zka17 wrote:
Just repeating what I posted in an other thread...

code 55 = "memory not installed"

Guys, be sure that the memory modules are inserted correctly into the DIMM slots!

Thanks for your reply but unfortunatly I'm not a retarded I know how to place a memory module into a slot 😮

Also, issue encour only with 4 modules inserted; if I remove only one of these PC will boot normally = BIOS/motherboard problem as confirmed by support.