cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G55VW recovery disc iso

electric0ant
Level 7
I stupidly tried to do some re partitioning after getting my G55VW before making the recovery discs.
Seems like the default parition in the G55VW uses GPT and so it messed up the parition table and i can't even get back into the recovery partition.

If anyone is nice enough to make the recovery DVD from the asus utility and post up an iso of it, I would really appreciate the help.

thanks
22 REPLIES 22

john_from_ohio
Level 11
You can order a set of recovery disks from asus support ... my G75VW made 3 DVDs probably G55 is similar.

When you burn the recovery disks yourself from your machine the utility even includes steps that put back in your Win 7 registration number ( so it is already activated when finished recovering ) ... not sure what happens when using a factory supplied set.

the process should just create recovery discs from the recovery parition, never heard of that asking you to put in serial numbers.
any recovery disc made from a G55vw should work on another G55vw i believe.
if anyone would make iso images from their discs and post online i would really appreciate it as it would save me from having to buy from asus, and I am not sure if they would send to me here in Hong Kong as the G55 is no sold here.

linkin182
Level 7
Currently burning my G55VW recovery disc using AI Recovery Tool.
It is asking me to prepare 5 blank DVD discs 😞

linkin182 wrote:
Currently burning my G55VW recovery disc using AI Recovery Tool.
It is asking me to prepare 5 blank DVD discs 😞

I would be sooo immensely grateful if you would upload iso images of them. but obviously not everyone has the time and bandwidth so I understand if you can't.

Microsoft makes available iso of their OS for people with these situations.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/need-windows-7-home-premi...

Just follow Microsoft instructions here .. and then use your CD key you have on the bottom of the laptop.
PC Setup:
Battlestation Setup:

Woots wrote:
Microsoft makes available iso of their OS for people with these situations.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/need-windows-7-home-premi...

Just follow Microsoft instructions here .. and then use your CD key you have on the bottom of the laptop.

but you wont get all the sofwares asus gave us in the factory state...you will only get a clean version of windows

danniill59
Level 7
electric0ant wrote:
I stupidly tried to do some re partitioning after getting my G55VW before making the recovery discs.
Seems like the default parition in the G55VW uses GPT and so it messed up the parition table and i can't even get back into the recovery partition.

If anyone is nice enough to make the recovery DVD from the asus utility and post up an iso of it, I would really appreciate the help.

thanks

Prompt, whether your question was solved. I have the same problem.

__11364___926__
Level 8
You should be able to get a clean copy of Windows Home Premium in the link below, just make sure you download the drivers for your wireless card or LAN first so that you will be able to get it online to update and download other drivers. Once you have Windows reinstalled use the serial on the bottom of your laptop to activate it and you should be able to download the rest of the drivers and extra software once you get your laptop back online.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/windows-7-iso-x86-and-x64-official-direct-download-links-ultimate-prof...
ASUS G75VW-BBK5
CPU: i7-3610QM 2.30/3.30 GHz. Ivy Bridge
Memory: 24 GB Corsair Vengeance PC1666 DDR3
HDD: 1x 1TB HDD 5400RPM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 660M 2GB
Screen: 17.3' Matte Full HD LED Screen

GottiBoi55
Level 10
electric0ant wrote:

thanks

electric0ant:

if you go to the Asus e-store web site you can buy a "recovery disk set" for your model .

here's the link
http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=5083

hope the will help, this will rebuild you recovery partition.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"