cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V GENE Micro ATX Z77 AI Suite II, FAN Xpert 2 Fan Speed Lower Range

gabby09
Level 7
I have a COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO CPU Fan and 3 Case Fans:120mm Fractal Design Silent Fans(Front and Back) + 1 Fractal Design 140mm Fan (Top).

AI Suite Monitor and Fan Xpert 2 shows my case fans names and speeds in the AI sensor monitor window.
I would like to understand if things are correct when....... after the tuning...
The CPU fan is listed in White

The 2 120mm front and back fans names are listed in Yellow and the
The 1 140mm top fan is listed in Gray.

and why the lower speed range of the 140mm top fan would not allow adjusting below 60% its speed range.
It is either off or at 60% or above. "You just cant pull the blue threshold set dot down.":(

Also can anyone explain the ~5deg C temperature differences between AI Suite Monitor and CPUID HW Monitor.
CPUID showing each core ~ 5deg higher that AI 2 CPU temp. Which do i trust.?

Example Prime 95 running @4400Mhz - CPU temp ~65 degC CPUID cores at ~70deg C. When at a steady state.

BTW the board and a Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz work great:) and the Intel HD Graphics 4000 manages some games just fine!:cool:

Thank you Gabby.
4 REPLIES 4

PaoloB
Level 7
Hi,

I've had similar experience with fan control, along with others on the form.
It seems that firstly the bios fan profiles are set incorrectly and don't allow proper configuration. Cpu fan lower limit to 60% and chassis fans limit to 40% ( I think, not sitting in front of it right now). This is inconsistent with the motherboard handbook which describes different limiting figures. Have a look at this thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?15558-Maximus-V-Gene-Fan-Xpert2-profile-setting-error

Also in addition to the bios fan control being wrong. The Fan Xpert 2 profiles don't help either. They have bizzarre limiting values based on the auto tune up settings of the software.

As for the colours I think the white means that fan is being monitored and its rpm is with acceptable range, the yellow is that the fan is being monitored but its rpm is below the minimum threshold and the grey means that fan is not monitored.

I think that the guys at Asus need to look at the bios settings and issue an update, as so many users seem to be having this problem.

Hope this helps.

[/HR]
Lian Li 011D XL, Strix X570-E, Ryzen 3900X, Strix RTX2080S 08G, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb

roblion
Level 7
asus only measures it CPU socket temp on the mb, not the cpu core temps........ so a 5 deg difference is about right... this can vary though at higher temps to about 20oC so be careful....

I'm having the same issues as you..... look here... http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?14694-Maximus-V-Gene-Bios-update-request/page2
Intel Core i7 -2700K 4600MHz | Maximus V Gene | BIOS 0810 | 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LP @1600Mhz
Gainward GeForce GTX 570 Phantom @Clock 750Mhz Shade 1500Mhz Mem 975Mhz 296.10 drivers
24in ViewSonic VX2453 Series 1080p HD @1920 x 1080 60Hz
2 x 120Gb OCZ-VERTEX3 ATA Device (SATA-III) | 1 x 1TB ST1000DM003 ATA Device (SATA-III) | Corsair 750 AX
Corsair H100 4 x 120mm Noctua NF-F12 PWM (2 Push/2 Pull) | Xigmatek Gigas Black Case

Thank you!
PaoloB for the fan info... ill make due till the bios is updated.
and not worry about the colors.

and

thank you roblion for the CPU (socket) MB temp vs core temps info.
Ill use the core temos as my best measure and note to worst case offset.

Gabby

t3kn33k
Level 10
has there been a fix yet for this my mvg is acting up on my h60 corsair not alowing adjustment for the fan and boots up @900rpm then i have to set it to 2000rpm 😞