brandon66
Level 7
my first try at overclocking... random gpu-z didnt overclock my graphics card 😛
5 REPLIES 5

Zka17
Level 16
brandon66 wrote:
random gpu-z didnt overclock my graphics card 😛

What exactly do you mean by this? :confused: GPU-Z is a monitoring application, not a GPU tweaker... Or you OC'd the graphic card(s) just the GPU-Z is not showing it?

Zka17 wrote:
What exactly do you mean by this? :confused: GPU-Z is a monitoring application, not a GPU tweaker... Or you OC'd the graphic card(s) just the GPU-Z is not showing it?

Should of explained a bit more. I overclocked the cpu to 4.8ghz. wasnt very stable though.

NovaStorm
Level 7
If you get Realtemp GT it will show you all 6cores 😉
You should show all your specs if you want any suggestions from folks.
4.8 should be doable, but you will want active cooling on your VRM's
~ Rampage IV Extreme, Intel 3930K, Corsair H100, 16gb Corsair Dominator-GT 2133, 2X EVGA GTX 560's SLI, Crucial M4-SSD 256gb, NZXT Hal 90 850watt gold PSU, NZXT Full Tower Phantom ~ W7
~

Zka17
Level 16
OK, I see. You OC'd the CPU (which btw is very nice with good temps!), and you also showing your GPU - which is NOT OC'd.

In this case would be more helpful to see the CPU-Z's memory section... it's just an idea... 🙂

NovaStorm, that 1.367V at Vcore is not so big trouble for VRM... but yes, cooling is important...

NovaStorm
Level 7
Cheers Zka17 duly noted 🙂
Actually temps look very good for hitting a 4.8 would be nice to see if he can hold them there and get it stable.
Rgds ~
~ Rampage IV Extreme, Intel 3930K, Corsair H100, 16gb Corsair Dominator-GT 2133, 2X EVGA GTX 560's SLI, Crucial M4-SSD 256gb, NZXT Hal 90 850watt gold PSU, NZXT Full Tower Phantom ~ W7
~