Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus n53sm usb3 problem

saimon
Level 7
hi guys

sorry if my english so bad:(
i've been doing all thing to know what is wrong with usb3 in my laptop or wd my passport usb3 ?
i bought ASUS laptop a month ago and suddenly 3 days ago i can not transfer file (movie 4-9GB) from laptop to my wd passport but i can transfer file from my passport to laptop

if i plug into usb2 with my asus laptop there was nothing wrong with my passport,was working with fine.and another thing i have 4 my passport usb3 1TB.all of them can not transfer file from laptop to my passport, which is like suddenly error and my passport disconnected and connect again by itself,looks like lost power when in the middle of transferring file

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5952/errormo.jpg

so i tried to check with my sister sony laptop usb3 and my passport works fine, i can transfer file from laptop to passport and passport to laptop

so any advice that can help me out,that would be great,cus this problem really drive me nuts

thanks in advance guys
6 REPLIES 6

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi @Saimon and Welcome to the ROG forum 🙂

Have you always had that problem with your notebook?
If no, then you could try to use Windows Restore Point, and restore your notebook back in the time when it worked as it should 🙂

If that doesn't work then you could uninstall the fresco driver from your notebook, reboot, use CCleaner and to clean the register (run the register check until it doesn't find any issues), reboot, then install the fresco driver from Asus support (you can find the driver under "usb")
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

thanks for the answer but i tried with your 2options,still doesn't work,even thought i sent mail to the technical inquiry form,still haven't got any answer from 2 days ago,so thats way,i post my problem in here:(
this the link that i had been recorded with my phone why suddenly disconnect and connect again
http://www.mediafire.com/?t8n5lcw9w3i0mv1

thanks in advance

fuzon1337
Level 10
See if this post by @Brodyboy fixes your issue:
BrodyBoy wrote:
Hi Lars, welcome to the forum. 🙂

I'm sorry you're having this issue that has plagued so many G-series owners. Unfortunately, I don't know of a sure-fire fix. I still think it seems like a power issue....for some reason, it seems like the port is detected as idle, so the computer puts it into a power-saving mode. I could be completely wrong, of course, but that's what the behavior sounds like to me.

I can only sugest you try the steps already discussed:
(1) Download the latest USB driver (there's new one I haven't tried....it's worth a shot! 3.5.24.0)
(2) Uninstall the current USB 3.0 driver
(3) Uninstall the all USB devices in Device Manager
(4) Turn off the USB power-saving options in Windows Power Management (or P4G, if you're using that)
(5) Reboot, and let WIndows re-install all the standard USB devices
(6) Install the new USB 3.0 driver

Beyond that, the only thing I can tell you is that I've never had this issue on my G-series that runs a clean installation. I think others have tried resolving this problem with clean installations, but I don't know what all they installed (there are different interpretations of "clean"....;)), so I can't really conclude whether that is the difference in my configuration.

PS: If you can, be sure to try the "low-tech" troubleshooting option.....use a different USB 3.0 cable. Prefereably, a really short one.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

thanks for the info,i did try from what you posted,but still doesn't work,probably my last effort before send to asus centre i will reformat first to see whats happenning.:confused:
thanks a lot for the advice,cuz until now i didn't get any reply from email that i sent to asus:)

Hi, Saimon,

I have the same problem with my brand new Samsung M3. I installed the fresco driver and everything seems ok until I plug my USB3 drive. This port, accepts USB2 devices without problem. My USB3 drive also works with other USB2 ports, but with this USB3 port. When I plug USB3 drive here, windows recognize that I've plugged a new device but I cannot see the drive in my file system. Observing with device manager I see what happens. It displays the message "Device cannot start (code 10)". Googling this I've learned the meaning of this message; the driver has problems. In our location ASUS service is horrible. They do not even answer the phone calls. I wrote them via e-mail, but I'm not sure if they'll return. Did you find any solution? (Note that: Driver 3.5.24.0 didn't work, same result on my system)

As I guessed after googling for error 10 of device driver manager, I've searched the latest version of Fresco FL10000 driver. Go to this link and download the latest release (56)

http://www.usb3-drivers.com/download.php?iddrv=27

Finally I can access it via USB3. 🙂