cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I found the perfect backpack for the G7x!

m3rcer
Level 7
First post. Just got my G75 from Best Buy today, after two fail displays on a Sony Vaio S (bad-HORRIBLE-colors) and a Samsung Chronos (dead pixel!). It was fated that I get the G75, and tho it cost a little extra, I'm lovin it!

However the size & weight I love a little less. Unfortunately my old Ogio Violator messenger bag is a tad small, the G75s butt is too big. Might be able to use some butter and ease it on in, but while that may be tasty, I don't think that's a good idea.

So after a bit of research I stumbled into Outdoor Products "Power Pack" on eBags.

The Laptop compartment dimensions: 17.75" x 13.5" x 2.5" - That should leave a bit of wiggle room too for the G7x series.

Decided to get it on Amazon (Prime membership) where it's a tad more for the black one, and a little less for the black/red. Check out the nifty video review by a happy buyer.

Should be shipped here on Friday - I'll reply with what I think.
||G75VW-BBK5|16gb 1600|Samsung 830 Series 128gb SSD|WD-Blk 750gb HDD|UJ240 BLU|GTX660m||
15 REPLIES 15

DeltaActual
Level 12
it's perfect....if you are in special forces
G614JV

LOL Maybe what I should do is get a big worker dog like Malamute or Husky - Get a pack for them to haul this notebook monster around. I know my kitty wouldn't go for it.

||G75VW-BBK5|16gb 1600|Samsung 830 Series 128gb SSD|WD-Blk 750gb HDD|UJ240 BLU|GTX660m||

m3rcer wrote:
LOL Maybe what I should do is get a big worker dog like Malamute or Husky - Get a pack for them to haul this notebook monster around. I know my kitty wouldn't go for it.

haha, my kitty does that too. I dont have one like that but heres one of her watching kungfu panda lolz

back ot, It seems kind of... huge, I was thinking of just buying the newer ROG backpack, as my laptop case is a Targus Messenger style one, which is pretty ok for work:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834995536&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-G...

They fit all 3 of my laptops, I own 2 but they dont fit the power adapter as well as the laptop at the same time. Since I need one for my new laptop, I was thinking of getting a backpack this time. Is there something wrong with the ROG one that I dont know about? This one here:

http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4366
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

Jsl1ce wrote:
haha, my kitty does that too.

back ot, It seems kind of... huge, I was thinking of just buying the newer ROG backpack, as my laptop case is a Targus Messenger style one, which is pretty ok for work:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834995536&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-G...

They fit all 3 of my laptops, I own 2 but they dont fit the power adapter as well as the laptop at the same time. Since I need one for my new laptop, I was thinking of getting a backpack this time. Is there something wrong with the ROG one that I dont know about? This one here:

http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4366

Yeah maybe we should get Shiatsu pads for our kitties' beds --

That is the ROG shuttle I was refering too. It looks like there's a pic on that page with G74 sittin in it. So you know it'll fit any of the ROG notebooks. Personally I just don't like the $109 pricetag. For that price, I got the Power Pack backpack and upgraded my ram to 16gb.

m3rcer wrote:
Yeah maybe we should get Shiatsu pads for our kitties' beds --

That is the ROG shuttle I was refering too. It looks like there's a pic on that page with G74 sittin in it. So you know it'll fit any of the ROG notebooks. Personally I just don't like the $109 pricetag. For that price, I got the Power Pack backpack and upgraded my ram to 16gb.

You could be right about the price, but for me, carrying around a huge bag everyday to work might not be worth the money I would save. It would be cool if we could compare the size of the two.

Actually, in that pic above, you can see the two laptop bags in the background, so that is the size I am used to. But being able to carry the AC adapter in the actual bag would be nice.

Here's the perfect backpack. It is impossible to find it's equal in quality and style

Slappa Velocity Matrix

rschauby wrote:
Here's the perfect backpack. It is impossible to find it's equal in quality and style

Slappa Velocity Matrix

Oh wow. Nice find! That is pretty damn nice, and spacious. 17" option goes over my budget, but I probably would have gotten it if the Power Pack wasn't already on its way.

rschauby wrote:

Slappa Velocity Matrix

nice, screw the rog one, i think ill get this one.

I bite the bullet and order the Everki Black Titan Checkpoint Friendly Laptop Backpack fits up to 18.4' Model EKP120 from newegg.com.