Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I think I found the perfect backpack for the G7x!

First post. Just got my G75 from Best Buy today, after two fail displays on a Sony Vaio S (bad-HORRIBLE-colors) and a Samsung Chronos (dead pixel!). It was fated that I get the G75, and tho it cost a little extra, I'm lovin it!

However the size & weight I love a little less. Unfortunately my old Ogio Violator messenger bag is a tad small, the G75s butt is too big. Might be able to use some butter and ease it on in, but while that may be tasty, I don't think that's a good idea.

So after a bit of research I stumbled into Outdoor Products "Power Pack" on eBags.

The Laptop compartment dimensions: 17.75" x 13.5" x 2.5" - That should leave a bit of wiggle room too for the G7x series.

Decided to get it on Amazon (Prime membership) where it's a tad more for the black one, and a little less for the black/red. Check out the nifty video review by a happy buyer.

Should be shipped here on Friday - I'll reply with what I think.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array DeltaActual's Avatar

it's perfect....if you are in special forces

LOL Maybe what I should do is get a big worker dog like Malamute or Husky - Get a pack for them to haul this notebook monster around. I know my kitty wouldn't go for it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	411251_2932925483469_123269475_o.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	8917

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaActual View Post
    it's perfect....if you are in special forces
    Depends on how much stuff you carry on a daily basis. Some people have a lot of gear and walk or bike to their destination so it might make sense.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

New ROGer Array

Personally I'm a fan of Targus. I've had one of their laptop backpacks for about 5 years now and have never had a problem with it. It's comfortable, well padded and has heaps of pockets. Lifetime warranty is pretty cool too.

Here's their 17.3" model http://www.targus.com/au/product_det...p?sku=TSB045CA

Quote Originally Posted by Boonie View Post
    Personally I'm a fan of Targus. I've had one of their laptop backpacks for about 5 years now and have never had a problem with it. It's comfortable, well padded and has heaps of pockets. Lifetime warranty is pretty cool too.

Here's their 17.3" model http://www.targus.com/au/product_det...p?sku=TSB045CA
    While that is actually pretty nice, I personally was trying to stay under $80, otherwise I probably would have just gotten the $109 ROG Shuttle backpack.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array kiba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by m3rcer View Post
    LOL Maybe what I should do is get a big worker dog like Malamute or Husky - Get a pack for them to haul this notebook monster around. I know my kitty wouldn't go for it.

Name:	411251_2932925483469_123269475_o.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	8917
    haha, my kitty does that too. I dont have one like that but heres one of her watching kungfu panda lolz

Name:	keikolaptop1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	8927

back ot, It seems kind of... huge, I was thinking of just buying the newer ROG backpack, as my laptop case is a Targus Messenger style one, which is pretty ok for work:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-pla-_-NA-_-NA

They fit all 3 of my laptops, I own 2 but they dont fit the power adapter as well as the laptop at the same time. Since I need one for my new laptop, I was thinking of getting a backpack this time. Is there something wrong with the ROG one that I dont know about? This one here:

http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?..._detail&p=4366
    Last edited by kiba; 05-30-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsl1ce View Post
    haha, my kitty does that too.

back ot, It seems kind of... huge, I was thinking of just buying the newer ROG backpack, as my laptop case is a Targus Messenger style one, which is pretty ok for work:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-pla-_-NA-_-NA

They fit all 3 of my laptops, I own 2 but they dont fit the power adapter as well as the laptop at the same time. Since I need one for my new laptop, I was thinking of getting a backpack this time. Is there something wrong with the ROG one that I dont know about? This one here:

http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?..._detail&p=4366
    Yeah maybe we should get Shiatsu pads for our kitties' beds --

That is the ROG shuttle I was refering too. It looks like there's a pic on that page with G74 sittin in it. So you know it'll fit any of the ROG notebooks. Personally I just don't like the $109 pricetag. For that price, I got the Power Pack backpack and upgraded my ram to 16gb.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array kiba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by m3rcer View Post
    Yeah maybe we should get Shiatsu pads for our kitties' beds --

That is the ROG shuttle I was refering too. It looks like there's a pic on that page with G74 sittin in it. So you know it'll fit any of the ROG notebooks. Personally I just don't like the $109 pricetag. For that price, I got the Power Pack backpack and upgraded my ram to 16gb.
    You could be right about the price, but for me, carrying around a huge bag everyday to work might not be worth the money I would save. It would be cool if we could compare the size of the two.

Actually, in that pic above, you can see the two laptop bags in the background, so that is the size I am used to. But being able to carry the AC adapter in the actual bag would be nice.
    Last edited by kiba; 05-30-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

ROG Member Array

Here's the perfect backpack. It is impossible to find it's equal in quality and style

Slappa Velocity Matrix

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast