cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G74 screen flicker (dark backgrounds and low brightness) [FIXED]

380mcn
Level 9
6 months later, my fellow ROGers the flickering is no more.
Thanks to ny2lond from romania that says:

Open Nvidia Control Panel ->Adjust desktop size and position and select full screen.

Next, go to change resolution -> Customize -> Create Custom resolution -> Type 67 in refresh rate. Make sure Scan type is set to Progressive and hit test. If all works well, select yes.

* * * After this, there should be a Custom with you creation, above PC list. Select it, press the drop-down list and select 67 Hz with 32-bit Colour depth and hit apply. Close Nvidia Manager

* * * Hit Right Mouse Click on windows desktop > Screen Resolution > Advanced Settings > Monitor Tab > Screen Refresh Rate > 67hz! > APPLY

And the flicker is no more!

Once again thank you NY2LOND! (his full post is here)
P.S. I created a new thread because i couldn't edit the subject on the 1st thread and because i think this should go to sticky!
1 REPLY 1

OldNESJunkie
Level 7
Replied on the other thread already, but anyways:

Yahoo, it does indeed work. In fact I was able to set my monitor to 75hz refresh rate set to Progressive. MUCH better. I thought about trying this but never got around to it because I was under the assumption this LCD panel would only support 60hz. In Device Manager my panel says "MONITOR\LGD02D1".