cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Screen ?

n1ghtl1fe
Level 10
G75VW Screen ?
I just picked up a G75 today and I noticed the screen looks different than my G74's. Its almost like theres a screen protector on it? Im not sure how else to describe it I am wondering if its just a different type of screen or if there is a protector that I cant seem to find where to take off? Does the G75 come with a screen protector or plastic on the screen out of the box?

Dumb question i know but this difference is bothering me not sure if its something I will have to get used to or something I am missing..

Could it be the G75 is matte vs G74 being glossy?
G75
-i7-3610QM -16GB DDR3
-256GB Patriot SSD -Nvidia GTX 670M 3GB
-1TB HHD Storage
6 REPLIES 6

kiba
Level 10
yeah, it is matte, which some people prefer because of the reflections, but I am a vampire and live with the lights off anyways lolz. It took a bit of getting used to but I am starting to like it.
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

thanks man appreciate it. its really only noticeable on the whites but i guess ill get used to it
G75
-i7-3610QM -16GB DDR3
-1TB HHD Storage

n1ghtl1fe wrote:
thanks man appreciate it. its really only noticeable on the whites but i guess ill get used to it

I agree, it's definitely noticeable on the whites; it "sparkles". I have a G73JH, and in low, non-reflective lighting environments the G73 display wins. However, it's not that big of a deal, once you're playing games and watching videos it looks really good.

a
rschauby wrote:
I agree, it's definitely noticeable on the whites; it "sparkles". I have a G73JH, and in low, non-reflective lighting environments the G73 display wins. However, it's not that big of a deal, once you're playing games and watching videos it looks really good.

your totally right man its noticeable after being on glossy's for the past few years and "sparkles" covers it perfectly. I noticed after playing some diablo iii that when my wiz pops ice armor on my G74 it looks like a person covered in some well lite ice, but on my g75 my char is just looks like a white bright object. maybe my eyes will agaisnt but im not a fan ATM. I do love my G75 tho :cool:
G75
-i7-3610QM -16GB DDR3
-1TB HHD Storage

m3rcer
Level 7
Yeah, that's that "anti-reflective" matte coating. I think it's actually pretty useful as I tend to use 100 watt bulbs all over my house.
||G75VW-BBK5|16gb 1600|Samsung 830 Series 128gb SSD|WD-Blk 750gb HDD|UJ240 BLU|GTX660m||

I tend to sit in the dark so its gonna bother me a bit at first but ill get used to it.

Thanks for the response guys, totally off topic but anyone heard of an idea of when nvidia drivers that support the 670m are coming out?
G75
-i7-3610QM -16GB DDR3
-1TB HHD Storage