cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOt my g73 2 hours ago, battery question

Retired
Not applicable
I would like to leave the battery out and packed away as ill never used it, my experiance from leaving the battery in has lead to them slowly dying will this also kill my battery leaving it out?
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
No, batteries are rated based on charge/discharge cycles. If you do not use it then it should remain in the same condition.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
The batteries will still degrade over time even when removed (that's why you shouldn't buy spare batteries for the future).

Drain it to around 40% charge and remove it. Put it in an airtight container/package and store in cool place (even refrigerator if you want). Check it periodically so it doesn't completely drain charge. That should maximize the life of the batteries.

xeromist
True, nothing is forever, but it won't degrade as fast as it would if it were constantly charging/discharging.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Chastity
Level 10
Been using it since April, wear at 4%, battery always attached.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]