Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That’s 7074.7MHz On The Maximus V GENE

X-ROG
Level 15
http://rog.asus.com/115522012/overclocking/thats-7074mhz-on-the-maximus-v-gene/

About time you uploaded this, Andre!

With all 4 cores, 8 threads firing at over 7GHz, no less.

But what happens when next week’s Computex announcements join the fray? June is going to be an interesting month for ROGers. We hope more of you Extreme OCers can get in on the 7GHz club!

For more info, Legit Reviews is comparing the current 7GHz OC battle.
10 REPLIES 10

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Holy hell, my CPU would be dead if I tried for an OC like that...even on Water I don't think I could push it that hard LOL...but then again, I have no clue to do and I don't wanna risk an execution squad for my CPU because I went too far lol....i'll leave it for the Pro's to handle and then wait another 10 or so years for a CPU that has a stock 7GHZ clock lmfao 😛 :cool:

Just WOW, that is amazing...congrats.

And there's me happy and content with 4.4Ghz on my 3570K. I could probably push 4.7 on Air maxed but i don't want the noise that comes with it. What cooling are you using on that?

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Holy hell, my CPU would be dead if I tried for an OC like that...even on Water I don't think I could push it that hard LOL...but then again, I have no clue to do and I don't wanna risk an execution squad for my CPU because I went too far lol....i'll leave it for the Pro's to handle and then wait another 10 or so years for a CPU that has a stock 7GHZ clock lmfao 😛 :cool:

LMFAO! Ditto! I just saw this post and almost fell off my chair. Gotta admit I'm very tempted to get the Maximus V Gene :rolleyes:
"Don't Tread on Me" PSYCHOSOC1AL13 :cool:

how many cpu has binned this time? ? ? 😄

xbeaTX wrote:
how many cpu has binned this time? ? ? 😄

Quite a few lol

Zka17
Level 16
Liquid nitrogen for these OCs EnglishEd... Yeah, with that 1.92V on Vcore Andre went a little bit over Intel specifications... :cool:
Nice job!

Zka17 wrote:
Liquid nitrogen for these OCs

Cant you use a phase changer instead of LN2? I know its a good way to disapate heat and its alot cheepr 🙂

Dylan Lynn wrote:
Cant you use a phase changer instead of LN2? I know its a good way to disapate heat and its alot cheepr 🙂

LN2 is cooler than any phase changer can go, and as you said, it is also cheaper. Yes, you could use phase changer if you want - just simply too much trouble...

Doco
Level 9
I'm shocked the processor powered up at 1.92 - impressive lol
i7-2700K @ 1.33v 4.6ghz/ Asus Maximus Extreme IV-Z
Nzxt Phantom + Nzxt Havik 140
His IceQ7950 3G/Corsair VX550
Finally Updated to Windows 7! :cool: