Hybrid View

ROG Member Array

Need help with Maximus V Gene Raid

I've just bought a Maximus V Gene and setup a raid 0 with 2 ssds, everything look fine, but 1 problem. Everytime the PC boot up, it always show a screen and wait about 3 secs to press Ctrl+I to setup raid, I have setup raid already and now, I don't need that screen anymore. Is there any way to hide/disable that screen? It delays my boot and look so ugly

Anyone know how? thanks
    Sorry for my bad English

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

With the RAID ROM enabled the menu has to appear AFAIK. Best workaround is to use S3 sleep and not worry about powering up from cold. With an ErP compliant PSU, power consumption will be less than 1W in standby :P

ROG Member Array

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    With the RAID ROM enabled the menu has to appear AFAIK. Best workaround is to use S3 sleep and not worry about powering up from cold. With an ErP compliant PSU, power consumption will be less than 1W in standby :P
    Really? so that screen cannot be turn off, right? ok, thanks you for giving me useful info about S3 sleep state. I'll try.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Check in UEFI if there is an option to disable the BOOT ROM. I don't have the board in front of me so cannot check right now. If there is not then try S3, will save you lots of POST~BOOT time.

ROG Member Array

Ok, thank a lot. I'll try searching around the UEFI, this is my first time playing with ROG mobo