cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My now returned RMA'd G74sx freezes after starting from sleep state???

imbloodyskintag
Level 8
GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!
Well, the month I had my refurbed g74 I never had it freeze once after being in sleep mode, now does it all the time.
Also,
After every switch off and restart after it freezes all my saved log in and passwords are gone and I have to log into the sites again.

Then theres the 1mm x 1.5 inch long chunk out of the side of the screens backcover/casing, which asus have told reseller to return/RMA it for them to fit a new one.
BUT,
After taking so long this time, reseller is going to see if asus would just ship a new cover to his computer company and get his techies to fit the new cover.
3 REPLIES 3

iluvatar
Level 7
I read somewhere that it might have to do with windows turning off your hard drive. Try setting the "Turn off harddisk after" to "never" in the power options.
I'm not sure though if that's going to resolve the issue. Try googling it, this problem is not specific to your laptop but to win7 in general.

imbloodyskintag
Level 8
Ah,
Will give that a try, thankyou.
Have also read elsewhere that someone had a similar issue and was to do with enabling the mouse to restart the laptop from sleep.

chrsplmr
Level 18
I have all power options settings set to 'never'
(if it still does it .. id run memtest .. one of the ram sticks could be faulty.)
Since the mouse is usb (im using CrossHair V) I use the space bar of a ps2 keyboard.
The mouse doesnt work for me. But then neither does a usb keyboard .. before win7.

Although ....
... Now that you have Commanded GOD to 'damn' 'it' ... personally..I'd set it outside.
As a boy..my dad would be working on the family car and bust a knuckle and use that
phrase .. and Id think ... 'and Now you want 'me' to ride in that thing ?'
I have looked around ... GOD has quite a sense of humor .. ie.. duckBilled platypus ..
so if HE took to 'damning' all that is 'commanded' out of humor ... 'Well, OK, if you say so." ..
The world would be in chaos .. economies would crumble .. war, disease, hunger ....... ooooooh. it is ?
Well then, whats one more laptop ..... ???

Sorry if this offends any that think 'ur GOD' is better than 'my GOD' .. (even though we that
believe in such a thing Know and agree there is only ONE.)
But if you are an evolutionist .. and you believe your mind evolved from some sort of a monkey, a
monkey wouldnt understand this anyway .. such things matter not to a monkey.
But then even a monkey wouldnt command something that doesnt exist to do anything.
Therefore I am confused by that point ... sorry Asus, I hadTa...
No offense OP .. taken or given .. Welcome to ROG.c.