cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW-BBK5 3D Monitor Upgrade?!

jdog1473
Level 7
I have the Best Buy model and have already put in an SSD, RAM, and a Blu Ray drive to it...it got me thinking....

could you buy the monitor that is in the 3D model and plug and play to use it?

The 660m has 3D vision so I don't see why not....

Anyone smarter than me out there know why this would or would not work?

Thanks!
17 REPLIES 17

john_from_ohio
Level 11
Yes you can do it but easier and probably much cheaper to buy the model that you "really" want originally in the first place ...

75 blu ray
50 8GB ram
100 SSD
200 monitor

1625 total for a 3d model - pretty good...plus I like doing these things

thanks for the reply

jdog1473 wrote:
75 blu ray
50 8GB ram
100 SSD
200 monitor

1625 total for a 3d model - pretty good...plus I like doing these things

thanks for the reply

Hmm if you wanted to go that deep into config i would of just bought the higher version of the G75 : / lol.....Unless you really really wanted to do it yourself. If you dont care about voiding your warranty GO for it 🙂

Guido7142
Level 7
I have the Best Buy model too. I've been able to enable 3D mode in Crysis 2. Maybe it is a 3D monitor... Daylife, in one of your YouTube videos you told me it was 3D via comments. If someone has a pair of glasses, check if it is really 3D or not. I'm telling you, you can enable 3D in Crysis 2.
G75VW-BBK5 / i7 3610QM / 8GB RAM / OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB / GTX 660M

If this is true that you can use the Best Buy laptop for 3D please let us know. I will buy the glasses if it works. There is a 3D settings block inside nvidia's control box. Let us all know.
G75VW-BBK5

eugene.nelson wrote:
If this is true that you can use the Best Buy laptop for 3D please let us know. I will buy the glasses if it works. There is a 3D settings block inside nvidia's control box. Let us all know.

It should work IF YOU REPLACE the current LCD with one that supports 3D ... much easier to buy a model that has it already installed.

Guido7142 wrote:
I have the Best Buy model too. I've been able to enable 3D mode in Crysis 2. Maybe it is a 3D monitor... Daylife, in one of your YouTube videos you told me it was 3D via comments. If someone has a pair of glasses, check if it is really 3D or not. I'm telling you, you can enable 3D in Crysis 2.

Check you "refresh rate" for you monitor, if it's not capable of a 120 hertz refresh rate then it's not a 3D monitor.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

Guido7142
Level 7
I know this model theoretically does not support 3D, but I'm telling you that from software, everything suggests you can go 3D. I have tested in Crysis 2 that wen enabling 3D mode, you see this overlapped double image. I don't if this is really 3D or just the manifest of 3D rendering on a non 3D monitor.

I do not have glasses either, so it would help if someone that does checks it out.
G75VW-BBK5 / i7 3610QM / 8GB RAM / OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB / GTX 660M

I can use the 3D with this laptop when I have my 60" LED 3D TV plugged in via HDMI. It works great, however the screens that come on the Bestbuy model are HD only and do not support the 120hz required to run 3D. I would like to try to find a supplier that sells the 3D LCD replacements but so far all of the LCD suppliers only have HD capable screens. No 3D capable screens. I do know they use to sell them back when I got my first G73 however by the time I got up the nerve to do a swap and order my screen I could not find anyone with the 3D screens.

If anyone knows where we could obtain them I would love to get their link or contact information.