Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

They are Benq G2420HDBL, but I never heard anything about monitor compatibility with Eyefinity. I have used them for 3 years with a 5870, a 6970 and now with two 7970s. I have never had any Eyefinity problems with them.

Remember that using single card with Eyefinity works fine, as well as Crossfire without Eyefinity. Only using them both is causing the crashes in the games I have listed (Battlefield 3 and Serious Sam 3). I don't have any problems in other games like Alan Wake.

I have the feeling that this is a Catalyst driver problem, but there are lots of people playing Battlefield 3 with similar setups and no problems, that's why I'm looking for alternatives.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Yes, it does seem a driver problem... have you update it recently? I yes, maybe step back one version... or update it if needs to...

One another though... the PSU... 1000W supposed to be enough for that build - but if something is wrong with it... and the Eyefinity makes the VGAs to draw more power... Do you have a PSU tester? Or an another PSU to check with your system?

This is happening since I got the cards (back in January) with every driver release (now I'm using 12.7 beta). And I have tested it with three different PSUs, all of them 1000W. I don't think it's a PSU issue, I have tried several games that even on single display make 99% usage on both GPUs and they work perfectly (with heavy AA/AF filters).

Anyway, I think if it was a driver problem, it would crash with a BSOD, but not with this system freeze that makes the computer spend 10 seconds from the moment I press the reset button to the real "reset". I recorded a video yesterday, I will post it when I get home later today.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

I see... well, it was a thought...

Here is a video of the problem. The freeze happens at 1:22. If you look at the AV receiver screen, it says 'PC Multichannel', but at soon as the sytem freezes, it changes to PC 'No Signal', then to 'THX Games', it's the preset mode. When I press the reset button, it's frozen for more than 10 seconds, then it turns off and on again.

http://vimeo.com/45605499

Guess what... the graphics cards were to blame. A good friend of mine brought his 7970s to my house and tried them. They worked perfectly.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Any updates?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KaRLiToS View Post
    Any updates?
    Er yes .... the OP came back and said the graphic cards were to blame.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Comunist Array Dartmaul PC Specs
    Dartmaul PC Specs
    MotherboardRIVE
    Processor4930k
    Memory (part number)F3-19200CL9Q-16GBZMD \ F3-17600CL7Q-8GBPIS
    Graphics Card #1R9 290X
    Graphics Card #2R9 290X
    Sound CardXonar DX
    MonitorDell U2913WM + 3 x Asus VW225N (Eyefinity)
    Storage #12 x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (RAID0)
    Storage #24 x Seagate ST1000DM003 (RAID0)
    CPU CoolerKoolance CPU-370SI LGA2011
    CaseLD PC-V4 Black
    Power SupplyOCZ ZX 1250W
    Keyboard Logitech G11, G13, G710, Steelseries 6Gv2, Func KB-460 (red)
    Mouse Roccat Kone, Kone XTD, Kone XTD Optical, Func MS-3
    Headset Roccat Kave, Func HS-260
    Mouse Pad Steelseries SX. Roccat Raivo, Siru, Apuri, Func F-10L, 1030XL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS Win 7/8.1/10
    Network RouterTP-Link N600

So that's it? No chance to fix existing cards?

I really don't know what to think. With this new pair of 7970s, Serious Sam 3 hasn't frozen my computer again, however I have got this same freeze in other games like Battlefield 3 or Lord of the Rings Online (there is one instance at LOTRO where the game always crashes in matter of secconds). I'm sure there is some kind of problem with Eyefinity & Crossfire & Tahiti cards. Many things have changed since I posted those problems, because now I'm an AMD beta tester and I have reported those issues directly to AMD. I will update this thread as soon as I get more information from them. Meanwhile, if anyone is having similar issues (Dartmaul maybe?), please post the details here and I will try to reproduce it and send details to AMD.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast