Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

At process #19 it restarts at LEAST 6 times. Just leave it alone, go out, grab a coffee or watch a TV show or a movie. When you leave it alone it'll do its thing. If say you start it at night and it's still restarting by the time you wake up in the morning, then you may have a problem there.
    G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
    Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
    Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I'm giving my g75vw to my son, so I tried to use the factory DVD's to restore the computer to the original state and followed the instructions I read on the first message of this thread. I removed the second HDD and used the 3 DVD's to carry out the task.

Problem is that it all went great till I finished and got the message that the installation had gone fine; problem is, when I removed the third DVD and restarted the computer, I got the message that I needed a proper Boot device, so my drive C: was not recognized and the only option I had was the CD-DVD drive. This means that it all went well till I got to section 13 of the instructions (on the first message of this thread). Problem is, I don't know where to go from here.

The drive I have is a 750 GB SSD, plus the other that I have removed temporarily which is a 750 GB HDD.

What do you suggest I do now?

Best regards,

Spanish Flyer

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Were you previously booting from that drive? Is it possible that the other drive was your boot device?

If you upgraded it to Windows 10 you can wipe it and do a clean install from a Windows 10 iso image (download from Microsoft). Windows 10 will read the hardware and reactivate. That might be the quickest fix.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Julskey's Avatar

It could be that your Hard drive is not flagged active. You may have to boot to a hard disk partitioning software (example, powerquest partition magic, or any other bootable hard drive manaing software) and mark the hard drive (and/or partition) to be ACTIVE. Save and reboot.

ROG Member Array McRom37 PC Specs
    McRom37 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G75VW.207
    MotherboardAsusTeK Computers INC.
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 3610QM @2.30
    Memory (part number)12.00 RAM
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M
    Graphics Card #2N/A
    Graphics Card #3N/A
    Graphics Card #4N/A
    Sound CardN/A
    Power Supplypower cord
    OS Windows 7 Home Premiu

Question Asus G75 VW

Cecil_2099

Cecil_2099 ::i have A Question about the Asus Recovery DVDs, not working for 1TB HD: So if my 1TB HD dies, and want to replace it with a new one..its not going to work??? i heard this before.i to have the Asus G75VW=all the same specs as yours.so i will be asked out? if my HD breaks? what if i want to replace the HD that has 285GB with the Windows OS on it for a SSD 500GB Drive.and replace the secondHDD with the 1TB to a 750GB HD??? would that work? That sux, about the 1TB HD wont work, and you confirmed this? Please Reply and tell me my options, cuz i have the latest Version of AI Recovery its(1.0.24) But i did find the new one 1.0.28) BUT i dont know if it would be compatible?? its from the same modle system. So please let me know my options and what i can upgrade and what i cant.THANK YOU>FROM: McRom37

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22